Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Impossible

Real Name
    Ron

Impossible

Recently in mid Europe, I saw this 'street act' ... how is it possible?? They stayed in this position for at least 30 min with very slight movement ...they were real folk I looked everywhere around them to spot the 'obvious' but no wires, no poles stuck up somewhere etc. Must be some form of meditation ... would like some of this mind over matter
    Impossible

Real Name
    John

Re: Impossible

Did you wait for the dismount? Nice image.

Real Name
    Phil Page

Good catch!

Presumably with their baggy tops they are each harnessed in there somewhere?

Yep they will have a harness/frame in there somewhere. Penn and Teller would almost certainly be able to give a detailed description.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Well known exhibition (scam). They have the frame within the pole (and extending to form a seat under the upper person) and around the lower guy.
    Usually only one guy so the framing is easier. These are somewhat more creatively arranged.
    As long as it is just an exhibition where people know it is a trick, I have no problems with it.
    My main issue is when the gullible actually believe it to be real.
    Real potential for fraud.

As an image, I would probably be quite happy donating a few shekels - the same I would as if I was taking pics of a woman being sawn in half. It's the Uri Gellers of this world I object to, trying to make it seem as if they have extra-ordinary abilities and it's not just a trick.

I am assuming the OP was being deliberate in his 'considerations' for amusement (so difficult to tell in writing).
    Graham

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
    Well known exhibition (scam). They have the frame within the pole (and extending to form a seat under the upper person) and around the lower guy.
    Usually only one guy so the framing is easier. These are somewhat more creatively arranged.
    As long as it is just an exhibition where people know it is a trick, I have no problems with it.
    My main issue is when the gullible actually believe it to be real.
    Real potential for fraud.

As an image, I would probably be quite happy donating a few shekels - the same I would as if I was taking pics of a woman being sawn in half. It's the Uri Gellers of this world I object to, trying to make it seem as if they have extra-ordinary abilities and it's not just a trick.

I am assuming the OP was being deliberate in his 'considerations' for amusement (so difficult to tell in writing).
    Graham
    I prefer the living statues myself, so much fun waiting around to see if they will move.

Or as someone once said, "All those who believe in telekinesis / levitation, raise my right hand".

Glenn

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I prefer the living statues myself, so much fun waiting around to see if they will move.
    Statue or not?
    Impossible

Being a bit thick I eventually realised that this was real body 'cause of the begging bowl

Thanks all for your above comments ... I knew that the 'pole' men had some tricks up their sleeves

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Statue or not?
    Impossible

Being a bit thick I eventually realised that this was real body 'cause of the begging bowl
    I've seen this type of "statue" a few times in Bourbon Street, N.O.
    Can't help but admire their patience and endurance. Just try to stand still without moving for even 5 minutes - let alone 30 minutes or an hour.

Real Name
    Ken

As seen at the Sydney motor show

Impossible