Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Smokin' Joe

Real Name
    Phil Page

Smokin' Joe

Joe Perry from Aerosmith, in concert at Yas Marina after the Formula 1 Grand Prix.

Unfortunately the organisers wouldn't allow DSLR's on site, so I had to make do with my brother-in-law's Canon Ixus.

Holy shutter lag, Batman!

I managed to get a couple of reasonable shots though - here's one:

Smokin' Joe

Real Name
    Sergio

Re: Smokin' Joe

Impressive, Phil, even with the shutter lag. The image depicts a lot of energy and I like the way you caught the lights in the background.

Serge

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

In addition to Serge's comments, I like the dead space at the top.

Real Name
    Mark

Nice shot Phil, well done, i was there a couple of years ago we were moored at Yas, they put on a good show dont they? we got to see,Prince, Linkin Park, Kanya west and others not to mention the grand Prix of course and the rest of the time we were at the emirates palace marina, i bought my first camera that got me back into photography after leaving it in the waning film years a canon s95!! and shot some interesting pics at the art show there... must dig them out...

Real Name
    Phil Page

Thanks guys - this was back in 2009, and I've just dug the photo out. We managed to get right up close by one of the runways - great gig.

This year it's Kylie Minogue, Eminem and someone else. How will Eminem get through a set without being able to swear? (not allowed in concerts in this part of the world!)

Fingers crossed on Paddock and VIP after party tickets this year, if my brother-in-law has a few spare tickets. There should be a few photo ops coming my way...

Hi,
    Just a couple of questions is there a restriction on what size lens i can take into the circuit,and what time do the concerts start,as we have to hire someone to take us for the day,
    Thanks

Real Name
    Phil Page

No restrictions on lenses at the circuit at all.

Just in the concert afterwards. I went back to my car to drop everything off, or there are secure areas to drop off your gear by the concert venue - concerts go on until around 11pm I think on each day.

If you're staying in Dubai then you can book a coach/bus