Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Question concerning CPL filter and

Question concerning CPL filter and

lens hood. DO you shoot with the hood on or off? I played with mine today and it was a bit hard but doable with the lens hood on.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Question concerning CPL filter and

I always remove the lens hood to adjust the filter, if I try to make any adjustments with the hood in place I would probably jam my fingers into the filter's optical surfaces and just leave my finger prints all over it. For shooting, I may or may not pop the lens hood back on, depending on the shooting conditions and if I have someplace to put the hood.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I always put the lens hood back on before shooting. I have to store it somewhere so I might as well store it where it can be useful.

Thanks Manfred and Mike!

Real Name
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Carl in Louisiana View Post
    lens hood. DO you shoot with the hood on or off? I played with mine today and it was a bit hard but doable with the lens hood on.
    Hi Carl, If you're shooting with your 70-300, you may not need the hood. Easy to test. See if you get vignetting with the hood off. If you do, you need the hood. NIKON, the other camera company, provided some info you may find useful. Check out the link at https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/...rizing-filters

Gil