Thread: Where can I get this photo printed . . .

Real Name
    Kathy

Where can I get this photo printed . . .

I have never printed any of my photos, but I think I have found one that I would like to hang on my wall but due to it's wide crop ( 1x3 ratio) I am not sure if or where I can get it printed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Kathy

Where can I get this photo printed . . .

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Where can I get this photo printed . . .

What a lovely tranquil scene Kathy.

I don't know anything about printshops in Nebraska but I know that googling it here in the UK there were a surprising amount of places who would print panoramic views.

Real Name
    Terri

Hi Kathy,

I use FullColor. They are a Dallas, TX based company that one of my pro instructors recommended. I've had several orders printed through them allowing them to manage the color (since I don't calibrate) and I've been pleased. My son-in-law has used them for some large prints where he manages the color and has been happy. They have 3 different free software packages to download to your computer to create your order. I use their Full Color software because it shows their current prices as I build the order. They have fast turnaround and good customer service. And they always mail their photos flat - not rolled up (at least for the sizes we've done so far). I do notice that they have a few sizes with that ratio.

If you decide to use them, be sure to spend a few minutes reading their "Getting Started" section.

It's a beautiful picture. I can see why you want it on the wall!

Real Name
    Allan Short

Kathy: I did a workshop this last weekend, the person doing the workshop also has started a printing service. Now Andrew is a very good photographer, and prints all his own work. His prices are very good, and his 60" Epson 9900 is top of the line along with their inks, and the canvas is top end also, can not hurt to check out his site. I am also thinking of having a couple done on canvas and that is where I am going. So check out his site at the following link:

https://www.printpartner.ca/

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Mark

How big do you want it and what do you want to print it on? I do a lot of reproduction printing up to 24" wide. This image can be tricky because of the predominant colours. Plenty of browns, greens and darker shades. It would be quite easy to lose shadow detail in this image. I would recommend you use someone like the guy Alan suggests. A fellow photographer is more likely to get it right first time.

Real Name
    Bill S

Kathy,

Given the painterly feel of the photo to begin with, I'd definitely give some consideration to a canvas print of it. http://www.adoramapix.com/app/products/canvasprint - Adorama's page there says they do custom sizes for no additional charge. I have never done a custom size with them, but the canvases that I had had made from them were wonderfully done. I've also used http://www.canvasondemand.com/ and the quality there was great too, but I don't recall them being as flexible with the sizes.

- Bill

Real Name
    Kathy

Thank you everyone for your help, I will check out all of the advice you have given me. Thanks again!!

Kathy