Thread: More from Brittany

Real Name
    Jeff

More from Brittany

Still PPing the shots from my trip up north - could do with some feedback on this one

More from Brittany

Real Name
    Kenny

Re: More from Brittany

You've captured the colours of the water, sky and beach/rocks very well. The house for me is too bright (I have a problem sorting this myself) and I wonder if you have cropped this image as I would have had more of the beach as a kind of lead in line and perhaps cropped the left to counteract the additional water this would create at the bottom of the image. Again you have captured the spirit of Brittany well and the lone figure walking the waterline adds to the tranquil atmosphere which I enjoy in a number of your photos.

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Coinneachmhor View Post
    You've captured the colours of the water, sky and beach/rocks very well. The house for me is too bright (I have a problem sorting this myself) and I wonder if you have cropped this image as I would have had more of the beach as a kind of lead in line and perhaps cropped the left to counteract the additional water this would create at the bottom of the image. Again you have captured the spirit of Brittany well and the lone figure walking the waterline adds to the tranquil atmosphere which I enjoy in a number of your photos.
    Thanks for taking the time to offer a critique - very helpful. I did burn the house down a tad, I'll try it a bit more. The shot is a crop, here's the alternative that I've been working on - there's an obvious problem with the framing here, but I like the inclusion of the beach in the foreground ...

More from Brittany

Yes, Jeff, my thoughts were that the beach gives a nice bit of foreground.

Just a rough idea but how about cropping out part of the left side and sky. Or even getting more severe and cropping to 3 x 2 ratio, approx, to concentrate on the houses and point of land beside them.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Jeff, I like the wide crop with the foreground in the second image but for me it puts the largest point of interest, the house, too far from center. I would like to see more of the land to the right and perhaps less of the continuous ocean on the left.

I know, I know, we're a fussy bunch aren't we! More from Brittany