Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: How can improve this?

Real Name
    Brian

How can improve this?

This was taken a couple of days ago as an experiment photographng clouds looking into the sun. What I would like to do is convert it to B&W with a high contrast and put colour back in the leaves to create a sort of surrealist scene. I have PE8 and have not yet found a way of replacing colour. Help please!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: How can improve this?

Brian, is there a chance you can upload the original? I think it is pretty surreal as it sits... But you may be able to get the green back into the leaves with > new layer> set to color> paint in leaves.. The biggest I can see you having is that the leaves are black at the moment and will not accept any color.

Ryo

Anything is possible, Brian.

Duplicate layer select the leaves then delete/erase and fill the selected area with colour etc. But it may be a bit time consuming to look good. Several potential methods.

However, as Ryo said, it looks good as it is now. Or a full monochrome version.

Real Name
    Brian

Thanks for the comments. The original is here [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/casadelpi/8051518186/in/photostream"](I think ) It's the first time I've put anything on flickr. It is totally untouched. When I get a decent B&W version I'll post it.

Brian, took both your and Geoff's directions, and a bit of artistic license:

How can improve this?

Hope you don't mind
    Ryo

Real Name
    Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by Ryogenetic View Post
    Brian, took both your and Geoff's directions, and a bit of artistic license:

Hope you don't mind
    Ryo
    Nice job but I would had made a lighter green on the leaves though. The photo looks like there's another planet in the sky.