Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bee home by sunrise

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Bee home by sunrise

I entered this into the mini comps and I have three votes so far. I obviously failed to alienate everyone so now I feel the need to irritate more people with the horrid multiple play on words.

It should be titled "Bee home by Sunset" rather than Sunrise but having corrected the title is a moot point really

Bee home by sunrise
    Last edited by tbob; 27th September 2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Too stupid to tell time

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Bee home by sunrise

That's a tremendous capture. You've got the bee at just 'the moment' as it moves to having the sky behind it.

The question I would have is why do we need so much at the bottom? I looked at something lime a 4:5 ratio and thought it felt quite well balanced.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Good point Donald. This is a crop from a much larger image and at the time I did it I wanted to retain the hives so they were still obvious as to what they are. I will however look at your suggestion. The thing that really cheeses me off is that I planned to go back the next evening to try this again and the hives had been moved for the winter. This will teach me to have bright ideas just as the sun vanishes and not pursue them aggressively at the time.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

One thing that just about everybody has at CiC is a 'bee' in their bonnet about is things that don't look level. If the hive were more square with the frame, perhaps folks would spend more time admiring your composition and less time thinking 'is it level'?

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Good point Frank. The hives where actually off kilter, due to the lie of the land, where they stood in the field. That is not to say that some fine tuning of nature may not be in order. I will much prefer attempting to straighten them in PP as opposed to while they are in active use in the field.