Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ducati for C&C

Ducati for C&C

So yesterday evening got to spend 6 hours shooting this Ducati 848, and I present for your entertainment, and comments:

Ducati for C&C

Ducati for C&C

Ducati for C&C

Ducati for C&C

Ducati for C&C

Ducati for C&C

Thanks
    Ryo

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Ducati for C&C

Hi Ryo! To me the fifth image shows the Ducati to best advantage given the color pallet in use and the angles and lines provided by the bridge.

In the first two I get the uneasy feeling that the bike is going to get stolen any moment!

Real Name
    Victor Nimitz

Hi Ryo,

Like the 3rd.
    Maybe shift the front wheel a little towards the cam to make it look more aggressive/mean.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

6 hours and you couldn't post so we could come along and 'help'???

Definitely like 5 best (twilight with the lit bridge), really nice shot.

No.1, a few inches over and the hydrant would have framed nicely the back end. Front wheel turned to right perhaps?
    No. 2, I keep finding my eyes move up to the door grafitti, possibly due to the bay door frame intersecting with the bike leading eyes up.
    No. 3, definitely my secod favourite. Strong clouds, even stronger would make for an even more powerful shot, better colour on the bike. Anything to be done with the reflections? It tend to diminish the colours. I see why lots of bikes/cars are shot at night, fewer reflections from the bright sky.
    Great job. Now I want to shoot automobiles, and mine is a piece of ....
    Graham
    (Yeah, I know, a good photographer can make a work of art out of it - not me though :/ ).

Real Name
    Allan Short

Ryo the right side of the bike look nice, how about the left?

Cheers:

Allan

Frank, The whole set is in Camden NJ (usually tops most dangerous city list) The water front overlooking Philly-Ben Franklin bridge is part of the urban redevelopment (pretty safe) as for the first two... I did put my life and the bike in peril for the shots... That part of Camden has not even had plans to redevelop.

Victor, good call, this was the first time I had to shoot a bike, and I focused on getting the image in the frame, more than work with the subject, I should have looked at some bike pics and made notes. (414 shots in 6 hrs)

Graham, next time I will extend an invite!! Not sure how safe it will be, this location is new to me. Thanks for the feed back, I look forward to seeing more of your automobile shots.

Allan, I would have shot the left side, its almost like the right side, but more boring... (on a serious note; the free floating wheel and kick stand make the right side more photo friendly)

Thanks
    Ryo

A few that didnt make the first round cut:

Ducati for C&C

Ducati for C&C

Ducati for C&C

Thanks
    Ryo

The rest I will post here

Ill add in this last one:

Ducati for C&C

Thanks
    Ryo

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Nice last one, plus some very fine detail shots (showing some flair/flare).
    The petrol tank, personally I'd like to see the name Ducati sharp rather than the lower parts.
    Now going to check out the local MC for some material .
    G