Thread: They're Everywhere, They're Everywhere!!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

They're Everywhere, They're Everywhere!!

This image probably breaks every rule in the book, but for some reason, I find it intriguing. Sort of like a 1,000 piece puzzle.

Does it work for you? Or maybe not so much…?

They're Everywhere, They're Everywhere!!

This is part of the ISO 1600 testing I was doing today. Nikon D3100, 18-55mm kit lens, F5.6, 1/1250 sec.
    Last edited by FrankMi; 17th September 2012 at 02:55 AM.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Re: They're Everywhere, They're Everywhere!!

Actually it does. Quite nicely captured and I like it. Strong colours, but not over done and good sharp focus. I feel if there had been slightly fewer of them filling the frame it probably would not have worked as well.
    Much of the time I have to be honest and confess it is the over all end result which is my criteria of assessment. As for rules? I don't know enough of them, nor understand their implications and am basically simply too lazy to worry about rules and their application. I have a pp fiddle if I reckon it needs it and then either it looks good or it doesn't. So, thanks to you Frank, now that I have come out and been exposed for the fraud that I really am........

Real Name
    Bobo

Works dang well to. Great colours. I really like this shot for some reason.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Makes quite an impact. The right hand edge looks fine but maybe you should try cropping the left side so there is no green background or green flower bases showing. Not bad for ISO1600

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Ken. Thank you for the encouragement. Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules - sometimes!

Thanks Bobo. That's the way it struck me as well. It seems to have a kind of 3D look to it for some reason, not sure why.

I appreciate your feedback Paul. I had thought about cropping out the bits of green but when I did it seemed to loose some of it's impact. Could it be because it gives the eye a place to go for a rest amid all the confusion? It also doesn't seem to do as well for me as a square crop.

Perhaps others can offer their thoughts as well...

Real Name
    Orlando

This does work for me. After looking at the larger image, I think it could use a tad of sharpening but overall it's interesting. I also agree with Paul, the left could be cropped out and make it really stand out.

As I've been experimenting on high ISO, could you tell us what you use and what setting?

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Hi Frank,

Any good reason it should NOT work????????? Think all flowers work.
    Thanks for sharing, I picked up something that might just solve a little problem. Red and high ISO????????? Maybe, will try it.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Morning Frank,
    I like pattern shots (follows the 'rules' for a pattern), and a lovely pattern it is too.
    It would make a great jigsaw puzzle.
    Graham

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by orlcam88 View Post
    This does work for me. After looking at the larger image, I think it could use a tad of sharpening but overall it's interesting. I also agree with Paul, the left could be cropped out and make it really stand out.

As I've been experimenting on high ISO, could you tell us what you use and what setting?
    Hi Orlando, I've hidden that information just below the image. Not fair, I know, single lines of text get lost when they are posted just below the image for some reason. Please let me know if you need something more.

Real Name
    Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Orlando, I've hidden that information just below the image. Not fair, I know, single lines of text get lost when they are posted just below the image for some reason. Please let me know if you need something more.
    I was looking for the software you used to correct the noise and the setting you used. thanks.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by orlcam88 View Post
    I was looking for the software you used to correct the noise and the setting you used. thanks.
    AH! That was Topaz DeNoise at Moderate (level 3 of 7 presets with 1 being the mildest). I rarely go this high but then I usually shoot in the ISO 100-400 range.