Thread: Robs Photoshop Actions

Robs Photoshop Actions

I have several Photoshop Actions that you may find useful. I don't think Elements caters for actions, but all CS# should. The actions are

1. Velvia filter - imitates the colour boost of old Velvia film by selectively boosting colour channels in a JPEG/TIFF/PSD.
    2. Hi-Pass Sharpen. Uses the hi-pass sharpener to get very good results. Better than USM.
    3. Splattered edge. Creates splattered borders.
    4. Orton. Automates the Orton technique. There is a thread going on this at the moment.
    5. Draganizer. Transforms an image using the Dragan effect, named after the photographer Andrzej Dragan. The action is from Sharron Lee (it's a free download, so it's not ripped off).

TO GET AND USE THE ACTION FILE
    1. Download the file (only 18kb). It's virus free!
    2. Stick it in program files/adobe/cs4/photoshop/presets/actions.
    3. Load an image in PS and bring up actions panel.
    4. Click the top right box of the panel and specify 'load'.
    5. Go to the directory and select file 'robs actions export'. It should now be in your actions panel for good. If not sure of your actions directory, bring up actions window and specify 'save actions' and see what directory it goes to, then cancel the save.
    6. Run actions as normal.

Makes things a LOT faster. If anyone has any others that may be useful please email them to me via my website homepage.

This will run on MAC as well. I'll add more and update file when I get around to it.
    Last edited by Donald; 14th July 2013 at 05:20 PM.

Re: Robs Photoshop Actions

carregwen - WOW - what a nice offer!!! When I get home to my own computer, I will certainly be downloading the action! Then I will use it on the same photo and post on the thread that I had started. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    carregwen - WOW - what a nice offer!!! When I get home to my own computer, I will certainly be downloading the action! Then I will use it on the same photo and post on the thread that I had started. Bravo!
    I forgot to say. If you double click on the action name in the action window you get the action properties up. You can then assign a keystroke short-cut to the action. So, you would load your image in PS then just press PF3 (or whatever) and you immediately get your Orton, Velvia, or whatever you selected. The actions have dialogues in them to tell you what to do next. The HiPass sharpener is good if you don't have anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    I forgot to say. If you double click on the action name in the action window you get the action properties up. You can then assign a keystroke short-cut to the action. So, you would load your image in PS then just press PF3 (or whatever) and you immediately get your Orton, Velvia, or whatever you selected. The actions have dialogues in them to tell you what to do next. The HiPass sharpener is good if you don't have anything better.
    how cool is that??? love the shortcut idea! i am getting ready to try it out right now,,, look for a post in a bit of your action done on the post image~

here they are together, the one with the black border is the one that i did following the instructions here

The one with out a border is done by using Rob's Orton Action from this post.

rob's orton action.jpg
    robs-orton-action.jpg

orton-2.jpg

orton 2.jpg
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 2nd September 2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: add images inline

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    here they are together, the one with the black border is the one that i did following the instructions here

The one with out a border is done by using Rob's Orton Action from this post.

rob's orton action.jpg

orton 2.jpg
    Looks OK, Susan. Try the Velvia - you will be surprised how it boosts the colours in some shots (use opacity slider on layer if colours are too much)

HiPass sharpen is good too.

rob
    Last edited by carregwen; 3rd September 2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: additional info

Thanks Rob! Will play more tonight or tomorrow.

Real Name
    April

Great actions Rob - thanks so much for sharing!

wow! thanks! i'll jot it down i'm really a newbie in photography and photo finishing so these forums are really worth the time. i'm just starting out in learning the tips and tricks of using Photoshop online . again, many thanks!

I have added a new action to the action file. Draganizer creates a Draganized effect on an image, and is especially good on portraits, but also dereliction scenes. If you want to use it you will need to download the file again in post #1.

This is Andrzej Dragan's website. Freaky! http://andrzejdragan.com/ Turn the sound up loud.

I have several Photoshop Actions that you may find useful. I don't think Elements caters for actions, but all CS# should. The actions are
    Link here... Actions download
    Thanks for that, much appreciated

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks for these, Rob - very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by proseak View Post
    Thanks for these, Rob - very nice!
    No problem. See post #3 above about assigning keystroke short-cuts which makes them even faster to run. I'll try and add some more in the next few weeks. Anybody have any I can add?

Real Name
    Søren

Link here... Actions download
    This sound like some cool actions and real great that they are shared.

But I've tried this link and can't get it to work. The link leads to a page with an awfull lot of information that has nothing to do with the action file. On top of the page there's something that could look like a download link - but it's dead.

So, can someone help on how to download this action file?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

This was put up by a former member of the forum, Rob. When he left the forum he undid the various links etc he had made to various things, including these actions.

So, I'm afraid it's a dead link.