Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: continuing lighting experiments --bananas in a pot -desperate for C&C

Real Name
    Gretchen

continuing lighting experiments --bananas in a pot -desperate for C&C

I've had enough of vegetables in glass bowls and have moved to fruit in dark pots. This took more PP than I wanted. There was a lot of "old pot" evidence at the bottom that detracted from the banannas and their reflection. I also toned down the hot spot a bit. It wasn't glaring, but stronger than I wanted. I taped a folded kleenex over the flash, but it wasn't enough for my taste. I put the pot on it's side and arranged the fruit on the bottom so it was standing on end. I really like the reflection in the bottom (side) of the pot. I put the lid of the pot against one side to block some of the bright light of the room. Without it the color of the pot came out black instead of blue. Kitchen stuff is fun to work with! Thanks for your input.

continuing lighting experiments --bananas in a pot -desperate for C&C

Oh, I forgot, I stacked the original with 75% of the PP version on top. It helped merge the cloned and "healed" areas I didn't like anymore than I liked the original and softened the reflection more. The two together seem to show the proper reflections but without the glare.
    Last edited by ggt; 5th September 2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: forgot again

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: continuing lighting experiments --bananas in a pot -desperate for C&C

I tend to be more analytical than artistic but for me this is an excellent combination of color, texture, and reflection!

Almost time for some freshly baked banana nut bread?

Real Name
    Gretchen

Re: continuing lighting experiments --bananas in a pot -desperate for C&C

Thank you, Frank! No, those bananas were given as dog treats. They rarely make it long enough to become banana bread around here. If the dogs don't get them, they go into smoothies --hmmm nice and sweet!