Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Wireless Strobe for Mamiya 645

Real Name
    Kevin

Wireless Strobe for Mamiya 645

I have been using a Yongnuo 560-II manual strobe along with the RF-603 radio remote on a Nikon D7000 without any problems. Thinking it was only the cable that came with the radio remotes, allowing it to be used as a remote shutter release on the Nikon, that made it unique to Nikon I attached a remote to the Mamiya 645 Pro TL to fire the remote strobe. Nothing happens. The strobe will fire when attached to the hot shoe on the 645, but the wireless remote will not do anything. I have no information about the wiring on the radio remote shoe or the 645 shoe. No information on the wiring of the Nikon shoe either for that matter. The 645 does have a PC or what Mamiya calls a Flash Sync Terminal. Would a cord between this and the PC port on the remote solve the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Wireless Strobe for Mamiya 645

Hi Kevin,

I tried my Yongnuo 560 on the hotshoe of my 645 and yep, it works fine. I've got RF602s but putting one of these in the 645's hotshoe and you're right the flash isn't triggered (???). Comparing the base of the Yongnuo 560 with that of the RF602 there seemed to be a mis-alignment on the centre pin (?)
    On impulse I reversed the RF602 on the Mamiya hotshoe and ... works a treat . Give it a try with your 603s and let me know if it works - if not I'm pretty sure a PC cable will do the trick.

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Wireless Strobe for Mamiya 645

Paul,

Thank you for the response. I tried your fix and reversed the 603 on the hotshot. Still no flash. I will try a PC cable and see what happens.