Thread: Got Pollen?

Real Name
    Matt

Got Pollen?

I had a few challenges to overcome with these shots but in the end I am fairly happy with the result. I know that they could be better but I am still learning the finer details and do not expect to have mastered ANYTHING after only 3 months of owning my DSLR.
    First, this was a large bush of flowers (See bottom image) and there were hundreds of bees swarming all over. Not getting stung was first priority.
    Next, I do not have a macro lens, so I was using a 55-200mm zoom lens. Getting focus on both the bee, the flower and the pollen was impossible.
    Lastly, as in any photo, just anticipating were and when to look next.
    Thanks for looking, C&C always appreciated.
    Matt
    Got Pollen?
    Got Pollen?
    Got Pollen?
    Got Pollen?
    Got Pollen?

Real Name
    Gretchen

Re: Got Pollen?

Wow, those are all really cool. I think I like the second one, only because I like the image of the bee's wings in that one --totally subjective. They are all wonderful. What kind of flowers are those. I think the composition of all of them is good. The last one is too much for me to focus on, but it does give a nice reference as to how the plant grows and looks like en masse. Thanks for posting and I'm really glad you didn't get stung!

Real Name
    Matt

Thanks Gretchen. I don't know what kind of flower it is. It was a bush full of them, and I was attracted to them because of the great color and then noticed all of the bees swarming so I got a closer look. Thanks for your compliments.

Matt

Real Name
    Mary

I have heard the bush called "bottle brush" before-don't know if that is it's proper name. Looks alot like a mimosa too.

Real Name
    Helen Wood

I'd have been running for the hills in the opposite direction. I have a real phobia regarding insects especially the stinging kind. Have not dared to look at the post your insects thread - I'd be havng nightmares - though I do appreciate the great skill involved for these kinds of captures

Real Name
    Matt

I tried this one other time about a month ago, different bush, different bees

Matt

Got Pollen?

Got Pollen?
    Last edited by matman4u; 14th August 2012 at 11:27 AM.