Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: an old cat

Real Name
    Paul Matthews

an old cat

This week i was moving a Jaguar T2 aircraft for the first time ever. I only took one picture of the loaded aircraft but thought you might find the others interesting. These were being moved from Cranwell to Cosford for live training purposes. C&C welcome as usual

Ready to be road moved
    an old cat

As good as ready for flight
    an old cat

An ex trials and development aircraft that i had a play with on lightroom
    an old cat

Its a shame these will never fly again because to look at they look immaculate and ready to go at a moments notice

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: an old cat

I think the difficulty with the shot of the plane on the flatbed is that there are so many 'bits' to teh iamge that the place sort of gets lost.

The second one is fine, but, in my opinion, still suffers a bit from the same problem.

But the third one is, for me, a good one. By extracting teh colour information, we can concentrate on the lines and shapes and appreciate the light playing on the bodywork of the aircraft.

Real Name
    Kevin

Paul

thanks for sharing these. I used to pilot a little Piper Archer, and I never tire of seeing virtually anything that flies. I hope you'll continue to share whatever you can. The first image appears to have enough resolution that I think you could crop out both of the trucks to gain some magnification and fill the frame with the Jag- what a gorgeous plane that is

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Paul,

I was just thinking the same about #1 as Kevin suggested.

I actually find the subject in #2 in colour far more obvious than in #3, but then Donald's a mono shooter and I'm not
    I would have (temporarily) kicked that tub of flight covers (I bet there's a collective name for them) out of the way before clicking though.

#3 being lighter and reflecting more of the hanger in the sides, I just find a confusing mess of lines

On #2 and #3 you shot at f/8 with a Canon 500D, was shooting at a wider aperture, to minimise DoF and throw the hanger walls a bit softer, an option? (Although maybe you want them sharp too)

Cheers,

Real Name
    Paul Matthews

Cheers for the comments guys. Looking at them now I can see they are all very busy but sadly none were on the flight line to photograph. My camera was already set at f8 and I didn't have a lot of time to take them as we were about to leave sadly. I'll keep uploading them and keep trying with different settings to see how they work. Cheers for the comments again