Thread: Close ups

Real Name
    David

Close ups

still experimenting with close up of nature. Here's a couple of flowere I found in one of ther college gardens in St. Andrews. C and C welcome.

Close ups

Close ups

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Close ups

Hi David,

I know St Andrews well and you should pop into the Botanic gardens for lots of variety in colour and texture to experiment with.

Real Name
    David

Hi Sharon. I'm always a bit wary of photographing in Botanical gardens, due to the heat/ condensation, especially the one down in Glasgow. Any tips for keeping th
    e camera safe?

Real Name
    Kevin

Hi, David

I just recently visited our southern Atlantic seaboard (Georgia coast) where the average daily temp was about 34-35 degrees C, with very high humidity. What worked quite nicely was to place my camera and lense in a plastic bag at my house, and leave it wrapped until it reached the ambient temperature of our destination. My wife has no patience with that much "nuisance" and just whipped out her camera, and then had to wait about a half hour for all the condensation to evaporate. One of my rare domestic victories.

Kevin

Real Name
    David

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the tip. I had a suspicion that's what would happen. Is there any such problems experienced when ther camera is taken from the humid environment into the cooler air?

Real Name
    Kevin

I don't think so, David. The condensation occurs as atmospheric moisture hits a cooler surface. With the camera having been warmed by the greenhouse conditions, then moved into a dryer environment, I think you're ok. I leave my camera in my kit bag as I switch to different environments so it will adjust a little more gradually, so I generally dont actually witness it coming back inside as much.

Real Name
    pinaki

Probably harsh light of flash has ruined the colour of 2nd pic.For the first one depth of field is too shallow.