Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Olivia's Eyes

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Olivia's Eyes

Messing around in photoshop, I know its not very professional but her Dad loves it which I suppose is all that matters

Olivia's Eyes

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Olivia's Eyes

Hi, Joanne

I'm a big fan of high key images of wee ones (I've offered one in the current monochrome comp that you might like). I think you've made a lovely image, and have captured the eyes perfectly. I can't imagine a Dad who wouldnt be thrilled with this for his desk. Well done

Kevin

Real Name
    John

Hi Joanne,
    I don't know if it's professional or not; but I liked it enough to have a play with it in PP.
    I agree as long as you, dad and the family like it that's all that matters, but you can add me to the list I like it too.

Here's what I saw; I'm not saying it's better in any way, just what I saw in my minds eye as soon as I saw the Original.

Olivia's Eyes

Real Name
    Philip

Hi Joanna
    I too like the subject, but Im a little disturbed by a strange texture across the child's forehead. I think I can see circular brush marks particularly on the lower right of her forehead. Top left is a little blown out too. I might suggest a tighter crop of her facial features to eliminate the large empty space above here eyes.
    I particularly like here eyes, arguably the most important part of a portrait, which I think you have highlighted and sharpened beautifully!
    Keep up the good work !
    Regards
    Phil

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Hi Joanna
    I too like the subject, but Im a little disturbed by a strange texture across the child's forehead. I think I can see circular brush marks particularly on the lower right of her forehead. Top left is a little blown out too. I might suggest a tighter crop of her facial features to eliminate the large empty space above here eyes.
    I particularly like here eyes, arguably the most important part of a portrait, which I think you have highlighted and sharpened beautifully!
    Keep up the good work !
    Regards
    Phil
    What he said.