Thread: Wow, look at that.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Wow, look at that.

Wow, look at that.

Thank you very much for viewing.

Nikon D70, Nikon 80-200mm lens, ISO 800, f/5.6 at 1/200 second.

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Wow, look at that.

Wonderful expressions, great composition and I love the way that chain leads your eye around the shot.

Great work as ever Jiro!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    Wonderful expressions, great composition and I love the way that chain leads your eye around the shot.

Great work as ever Jiro!
    Thank you very much, Sharon.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Jiro, this one I think needs a little cropping from the left. Try getting your subject out of centre of picture. You can also crop to fill the frame with the kids. You could have changed the angle of view by allowing more of the bench on the right hand side into the picture, don't know what was on it.
    Again a good shot in B&W. I like the tones in your pictures, nice rich tones, very good contrast.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Jiro looking at your images I am learning so much, to look for those things that I do not see, yet are right there in front of me,

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    Jiro looking at your images I am learning so much, to look for those things that I do not see, yet are right there in front of me,

Cheers:

Allan
    Thanks a lot, Allan for the nice comments. I've learned some good techniques from the materials I have about Jay Maisel and Jeff Ascough. I'm glad you appreciate my images.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    Jiro, this one I think needs a little cropping from the left. Try getting your subject out of centre of picture. You can also crop to fill the frame with the kids. You could have changed the angle of view by allowing more of the bench on the right hand side into the picture, don't know what was on it.
    Again a good shot in B&W. I like the tones in your pictures, nice rich tones, very good contrast.
    Thanks, Andre. My subjects are not actually at the center if I want to be precise. I used the golden ratio on this one so I know that they are not exactly centered. I did not want to cut off the chair to give the impression of dimension or size of the kids relative to an inanimate object hence the choice of the golden ratio proportions. If you would look closely at the farthest kid at the right, he is cutting off the composition with his glance that is why I composed the shot from the camera this way. If I would alter my framing here I would probably go for a 4X5 ratio of which I am also very fond to use depending on the subject that I am shooting. Sad to say, my obsolete Nikon D70 does not have the 4X5 ratio guide on the viewfinder to help me compose my shots better in camera. Personally I really don't like taking shots of my subject that are too tightly composed because I prefer environmental shots wherein I will use the location to give my viewers the idea where the subject is located.