Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Seagul at the beach

Real Name
    Marco Andrade

Seagul at the beach

Hello, I tried to make something different from my "comfort" area and tried this underexposed shot with a bit of sun in the back.

Seagul at the beach

Please comment.

Cheers
    Last edited by MFCA; 9th July 2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: File was corrupt had to reupload

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Re: Seagul at the beach

Marco, 31 views, no reply, why not? If the Gull was a little more to the right hand side forming a full profile and the left side cropped out a bit, it would have worked better. Good for trying something different, with the settings on your camera.

Real Name
    Marco Andrade

Thanks Andre, yes I agree with you, the problem was that the seagull didn't stay put for much long, after this shot I was trying to relocate and it flew away. More will come tough but thanks for the advise Andre.

Real Name
    Gillie Bengough

Hi Marco; seagulls are notoriously greedy, and can usually be manipulated by an assistant with a bag of bread! I really like your idea here, but I think a little more light would have worked better. Keep at it, it's always good to try new things! Gillie

Real Name
    Bruce

Marco,
    An interesting shot. You've encouraged me to think about doing something outside of the box.

Your photo have a very different feel to it. Glad to see other reach out side the comfort zone or box. Thanks for sharing!

Real Name
    Bobo

Is certainly different which makes if interesting. A bit more definition on the bird may have helped here but I am sure. Certainly worth retrying and refining this technique.

Real Name
    Marco Andrade

Thanks for the comments, Gillie I will try to get some bread rest overs and try to "bribe" those seagulls thanks for the suggestion. Bruce, Muriel and Bobo thanks for your personal view on this case, is worth refining this technique and of my bribery skills (I will bribe all the seagulls into my command muhahaha, just kidding.). And I'm happy to inspire some of you,. Best of luck