Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Road Trip - Eucalyptus Flower

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Road Trip - Eucalyptus Flower

I took this hoping to get a good sharp picture with good DoF. It is a Eucalyptus Phoenicia. Some feed back would be appreciated.
    Road Trip - Eucalyptus Flower

Real Name
    Eugen

Re: Road Trip - Eucalyptus Flower

Very nice composition Wayne; this flower definitely works in a centered way.
    I would have some personal comments if you don't mind.
    - the orange-ish colour; if I'm not wrong, these flowers are red, so your white balance might be off
    - the background; the upper right darker part seems distracting to me, maybe some cloning?
    - I would have preferred to see the whole flower without the lower part being cut
    Other than that, the DOF and focus are spot-on.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Re: Road Trip - Eucalyptus Flower

Quote Originally Posted by enaiman View Post
    Very nice composition Wayne; this flower definitely works in a centered way.
    I would have some personal comments if you don't mind.
    - the orange-ish colour; if I'm not wrong, these flowers are red, so your white balance might be off
    - the background; the upper right darker part seems distracting to me, maybe some cloning?
    - I would have preferred to see the whole flower without the lower part being cut
    Other than that, the DOF and focus are spot-on.
    Thanks for your feedback Eugen. This species does have an orange flower, there are over 1200 eucalyptus in all. I placed this branch in my wind screen wiper blade to hold it still on a windy day so that explains the inconsistent back ground, not perfect but it would be a bit hard to fix. I was tempted to capture the whole flower but because of the back ground issues I did use a tighter crop. It would be a good subject to put into a studio environment. Thanks again.