Thread: Little girl picking strawberries

Real Name
    Scott

Little girl picking strawberries

Here's my 6-year-old picking strawberries. Also trying out a piece of hay in the teeth-but not liking it.

Last edited by Scott Stephen; 29th June 2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: no photo!

Re: Little girl picking strawberries

Cute. I realy like the second picture. I like how intent she is at picking the berries. Like the natural skin tones. Very nice.

Real Name
    Pat

Very Nice Scott. I hope you don't mind but I did a quick edit to one of your images to see if you would like the idea of cropping them,
    Best Wishes, Pat

Real Name
    Scott

No worries, and thanks. I believe I agree with you about the crop. I had left it a little wide to take in some of the farm scenery, but absent something really neat like a scarecrow or old rusty tractor, there really wasn't all that much recognizable scenery to worry with. The facial expressions pop out better with your crop.
    Not to mention it also eliminates the stray elbow I had not noticed until just now!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Your daughter should get to eat the very best, most colorful, juiciest strawberry just because she is so adorable.

Notice that the white balance of the first one is a little cooler than the others. I actually like the cooler look because the special skin tones take on an angelic look. If you decide to warm it up, maybe do so just a tad but not as much as the others. I would actually prefer the other three with a cooler look.

The first one would be magical for me if you cropped to eliminate all of the rock on the left. Doing so makes the viewer concentrate on her face.

Real Name
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Your daughter should get to eat the very best, most colorful, juiciest strawberry just because she is so adorable.

Notice that the white balance of the first one is a little cooler than the others. I actually like the cooler look because the special skin tones take on an angelic look. If you decide to warm it up, maybe do so just a tad but not as much as the others. I would actually prefer the other three with a cooler look.

The first one would be magical for me if you cropped to eliminate all of the rock on the left. Doing so makes the viewer concentrate on her face.
    Thanks! She ate more than she picked, I think. I may play a little with the WB. I think you are right. I kind of want to keep some of the background on the 1st one, so maybe I will try burning the haystack on the left so it is darker, and if that does not work, I may crop it.

Real Name
    Ric

Love the first shot, myself I would go for a more aggressive crop to put the focus on your daughter, It has the best white balance also, the others are a bit to warm for me.

Again just my view.