Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Printing problem............need help!

Real Name
    Steve

Printing problem............need help!

Something happened to my printer, and now i can't get anything to print with the right colors. I don't have a clue what happened. Even files i've printed before with beautiful results won't print the same as they did before.

I'm using the right paper profiles and have the color correction turned off. Doing everything the same as i've always done, but now everything prints with yellow and magenta cast. I even tried printing with LR and still the same result.

HELP!!!!!!!!

I don't have a clue what it could be.

I tried rebooting the computor, cleaned the head, tried several types of paper, new ink cartrages, aligned the print head, Nothing works.

Any clues to what it could be, are most appreciated.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Printing problem............need help!

Have you run a nozzle check? I've had this issue when the black nozzle was clogged.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)
    Try printing a colour chart (or make one up) and see if there's a problem with one of the cartridges.

Real Name
    Steve

Thanks for the replies. I ran it through several deep cleaning cycles................which didn't work, but the directions said to wait till the next day and try again. This morning i ran it trough several more cleaning cycles and the print head came unclogged. It was the photo cyan that was clogged.

On a side note, how often do you run it through a cleaning cycle for preventative maintenance?

Real Name
    Have a guess :)
    That's good news.

Mine does a mini-clean on its own cycle - so I only run a power clean when it's needed (uses a truckload of ink).

If the print head can be removed, and ultrasonic cleaner works well on them.

Real Name
    Paul

I don't print at all often and so usually when I come to print I find that there's a few nozzles blocked on my Epson. I never do more than one nozzle clean due to the ink wasted and the fact that it never seems to work. The only thing that really cleans mine is a wad of kitchen roll soaked in a suitable cleaner between the head and the 'landing pads' (I use Mister Muscle window and glass cleaner which is running out and I havn't found a suitable replacement here in France).
    Have a look at
    http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/a..._cleaning.html
    for instructions. I've seen various sites quoting the same process but this is the only one that I remember at the moment.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    That's good news.

Mine does a mini-clean on its own cycle - so I only run a power clean when it's needed (uses a truckload of ink).

If the print head can be removed, and ultrasonic cleaner works well on them.

Which type of cleaner do you use? There were alot of different kinds, when i looked it up online. (electronics--optical glass--etc.)

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    On a side note, how often do you run it through a cleaning cycle for preventative maintenance?
    No; cleaning a clean nozzle won't do anything other than waste ink.