Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A little time and motion scene

Real Name
    Allan Short

A little time and motion scene

The winds were still blowing 30+ mph, clouds were a moving, and the waves were a crashing, took a 15 sec. exposure at F22, 100 ISO. One of the few days where we have some colour in the sky that was not grey.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Steve

Re: A little time and motion scene

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    The winds were still blowing 30+ mph, clouds were a moving, and the waves were a crashing, took a 15 sec. exposure at F22, 100 ISO. One of the few days where we have some colour in the sky that was not grey.

Nice shot Allan. I'd like to hear others opinions, but I'm thinking a crop, just below the 5 white rocks next to the water. I think it would help lead you into the photo better. The large black stripe holds my attention too much.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 19th June 2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: take reply out of quote

Real Name
    Allan Short

Thanks Steve, I have been pondering several possible crops, however I just have not found one that I like.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Kevin

A gripping image, Allan. Agree the black stripe at bottom is a bit overwhelming. Could either crop it moderately, or could you raise the luminance a bit on the rocky beach that would allow some detail? The island cluster certainly grabs the eye, and I wonder if a crop of the leftside might interestingly take the cluster out the the bull's eye. An image definitely worth tinkering with and keeping

Kevin

A rough idea without too many pixels to work with:

Actually, not sure I like that much-lost some of the impact. Anxious to see what you settle upon
    Last edited by kdoc856; 20th June 2012 at 10:14 PM.