Thread: Moto X

Real Name
    Greg

Moto X

Took my stepson to motocross today. There was mud, lots of it.
    4 photo's. One upright, one not so upright and a nice candid shot of my ratbag boy, and a nice plug for Midas.
    Then I got a shot I have been trying to get for a while at the motox meetings of a riders eyes. Hard to get through goggles.
    Would have liked to give more room on the right but had to crop out distracting background elements.
    As always, still learning
    Cheers Greg

Moto X

Moto X

Moto X

Moto X

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Moto X

Hi, Greg

Nice captures, and I especially enjoyed #3 and 4. Exposures and focus spot on. You mentioned the difficulty of controlling extraneous background, and I noticed that all these images are in a landscape orientation. Might you better be able to better control the background and fill your frame if a vertical format was used at least some of the time? Tougher shots to capture but perhaps worth the trouble?

Kevin

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Greg,

Good series.

I don't find these backgrounds much of a problem; they suit the environment and don't distract from the subject - it's not like they are lined with people in attention grabbing colours.

That said, I'd be tempted to clone over the Midas ad

So, did you put him and bike through the car wash?

Real Name
    Greg

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment Kevin & Dave and I will take the tips with me to the next meeting.
    Dave, the bike went through but for some reason Tom wouldn't get out of the car so I could wash him.
    No sense of adventure.
    Thanks. Greg

Real Name
    Gary

Greg,

It seems to me anyway that taking sports/action requires a lot of concentration, observation and being able to anticipate moments that might happen. You certainly have done that in these images and the spirit and atmosphere of the event comes across strongly. By focusing on tight, individual shots it works really well. Great images.

Cheers for now

Gary

Real Name
    Greg

Thanks Gary,
    The good thing about motocross and any circuit racing, is if you stuff up the first attempt you know they will be back around soon for another try.