Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sheeps Wool

Real Name
    Gary

Sheeps Wool

Not quite sure why, but this pile of sheeps wool was lying in a field on a route that I walk round. It also reminded me a bit of the shots you see taken from aircraft looking down through the clouds. I thought it made quite an interesting abstract subject. Any thoughts welcomed.

Cheers for now

Gary

Sheeps Wool
    Last edited by oldgreygary; 7th June 2012 at 05:44 PM.

Real Name
    Miltos

Re: Sheeps Wool

Great texture there Gary and parallelism to the clouds.

I really like texture images, all those little details hidden in our everyday word sometimes are really worthy to isolate and present in an image. It 's something different.

As for your image I think you can lighten the shadows and increase the sharpening.

Real Name
    Ken

My guess is that it is from a young sheep - 6-9 months old, and a wool breed rather than a terminal breed such as Southdown. Also this is the first shearing.

Real Name
    Gary

Thanks Ken and Miltos for your replies. In the field next door there was a flock of sheep with some lambs. It just seemed a bit odd that this fleece(perhaps that should have been my title rather than wool!) was left lying on the ground as I didn't see anyone around. But, it does have an interesting texture and shape which allows your imagination to float a bit.

Cheers for now

Gary