Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A Place Called "Quiapo". PART 3.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

A Place Called "Quiapo". PART 3.

20. On one side of the church you will see vendors selling amulets and talismans. They say that wearing one would keep you safe from extreme harm and danger.

21. In here, two guys are buying a special coconut fruit that they believe has a therapeutic healing properties.

22. And of course, what could be better to pass the time while waiting for customers than read the daily tabloid?

23. Some of the very saleable religious figurines you can buy here in Quiapo: The boy Sto. Nino and the Black Nazarene statue.

Thank you very much for viewing. More to come as soon as I finished processing the pictures.

All images were taken using my Nikon D70 and a Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5 - 4.5 lens.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: A Place Called "Quiapo". PART 3.

Willie

Delighted to see you back posting again. I hope things are working out okay for you. And I hope that members here on CiC (old and new) will be able to benefit again from your ever-helpful advice and support.

That certainly quite a portfolio of street photography that documents life in one small area of teh city, that you are building up. A super record for students of history. I'm sure there would be soemone in one of the musuems or higher-educational institutions who would be interested in archiving that material.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: A Place Called "Quiapo". PART 3.

Thanks a lot, Donald. At first, I merely decided to take some shots while waiting for my lens to be repaired. However, upon seeing the plethora of people, events, and emotions that I can capture in this place I decided to make this my own project. If my time and resources allows it, I will go to a local spot in town and document whatever I saw in there for a day. Of course, I need to research for it first so I could find out where the sun would be rising and falling so I would know the best time of day to shoot there. I hope my only camera and lens would still be as reliable as always to help me take some more images to share. Nice to get in touch with you all again here at CiC.

Jiro