Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: kids on pier do overs

kids on pier do overs

So i made them monochrome and did some cropping....the original is posted in the july contest post....

letme know what u think and which one u like better...thankskids on pier do overs

kids on pier do overs

Re: kids on pier do overs

I really liked the composition in the original color photo. In this case by cropping closely and going to B&W, some information is lost. For instance, if I hadnt already seen the original, it might be hard to tell that the kids are on a pier (your title says that, though). The out-of-focus areas between the slats could easily be grass or treetops or something else. I think your B&W renditions tend to put focus on the kids skin especially their backs - that might be where the most texture is, I'm not sure. I think the color in the original tends to put the emphasis on their heads (tilted and looking through the slats), which tends to make the viewer wonder what they are looking at. I think you get the same result with the B&W versions but with some delay. Of the two B&W versions, I like the one with all three kids. The similarity of the postures of the two on the left is offset by the different posture of the one on the right, adding interest.

intrestting... now that you mention it I do agree with the cropping shifting the emphisis ....

Thanks for the input

Real Name
    Jack

I agree the original IMO is a home run