Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Portrait - I need a feedback on this one.

Real Name
    Rogerio Bussad

Self Portrait - I need a feedback on this one.

First time trying self-portrait and I would love to hear what you guys think about this photo.
    Thanks!

Self Portrait - I need a feedback on this one.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Self Portrait - I need a feedback on this one.

I have got to admit that I felt like this at times but, never thought of a self portrait when I did...

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Very clever shot Rogerio, I hope you didnt really feel like this.

Real Name
    Rogerio Bussad

No, no, no guys... I'm not calling out for help...LMAO... Nooooo... I do have a project in mind and thought about this shot and as I made it and I feel sorta "hmmm" about it, I'd like to have you guys analysing it and giving me some feedback on that...
    No, no, no... I'm doing GREAT!!!!!! Thanks for the concern, though! LOL...

FWIW - I think it's this close to being AWESOME! Love the textures. The contrast between textures. Love the idea! Love the composition! The "geometry" of the whole thing.
    To me - the only little details, which are "out of place" (because they distract me from the awesomeness, explained above ) are the corner of something dark on the wall (don't know what it is), and the peeling paint on the bathtub. Both can be easily fixed in post-processing.

Real Name
    J stands for John

Great inventiveness! Hope to see where you progress to

Real Name
    Rogerio Bussad

Thank you all for the feedback and please feel free to comment on that because I really appreciate.
    @ Vladimir: thank you for being specific as that's what I needed and that small black spot you mentioned will be taken care of (and that's where the soap goes) This is maybe the 4th or 5th shot I made as I had only 10 seconds to be in place before hearing the CLICK from the camera. I used a towel to mark the position where my arm should be and it was hard for me to block the soap holder. I couldn't barely fit in the tub and didn't want any other part of my body to show.
    Do you guys think I should do something on my arm as well? Does it seem too dark?

Real Name
    Miltos

I also believe it is awesome Rogerio. Really well done!

May I ask if you change the image after Vladimir's advice? You should really get rid of that black think behide your arm on the left.
    Also I find distracting the wall corner of the left (the wall tiles change pattern). Perhaps a different crop but not sure.

Once again bravo! It is exactly the kind of images I like.

Real Name
    Rogerio Bussad

Miltos... thanks a lot for the feedback and yes, I'm getting rid of that black spot (that's the soap holder that was hard for me to block in 10 seconds...lol)

Real Name
    Toņo

Hi Rogerio

I like the image and I think it is very nicely composed. Of course some details have been pointed out already, but it is a nice picture indeed.

Two things come to my mind. The title... "Self portrait" How can you convince us it is you in the picture and that you were not using a double?

Second. I admire you for being able to conceal yourself in the tub on time to take the picture the way you wanted it. Well done.

Toņo

Real Name
    glenn

A very creative and well thought out image. Very different to what I usually see on forums like this.
    For me it conjours up many different reactions, sadness,despair,intrigue and horror, to name but a few.
    Very good.

Real Name
    Rogerio Bussad

@ Toņo: Yes, that's me...lol... That may not be the final title but I thought it was better than naming it "arm hanging out of the tub" ... lol... And yes, after a while and several shots, I was fully aware what 10 seconds exactly mean! LOL...
    @ stardelta: THANK YOU very much for telling me what feelings this image brings up and because I felt the same, I just couldn't detach myself from the technical point of view... I just got sorta overwhelmed by the image I created myself and really needed a feedback from you guys.
    If you get to see some of the photos I've posted here, you'll see that this is something completely different from what I usually go for and the idea came to my mind in the middle of the night!
    Thanks y'all for the great feedback! I really appreciate!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I go along with what others have written about this wonderfully creative image. A true work of art.

"Do you guys think I should do something on my arm as well? Does it seem too dark?"
    Not at all. I don't think you should adjust anything on this. The tones across the image are wonderful.

Real Name
    Rogerio Bussad

Thank you Donald...I will take care of that dark spot (soap holder) by my arm and will keep the arm in the tone it is then.

Real Name
    Brian

Cool photo Rogerio.
    As far as the arm too dark. This was the first thing I thought, but it's also what keeps it the focal point of the image, at least for me. The stark contrast might be missed if you tried to lighten it.

Real Name
    Rogerio Bussad

Maybe lighten it up just a tad but not too much? I too agree about it keeping the focal point but at the same time something kind of bothers me.. not sure... sorry guys... I know, I know... I sound confusing but it's a mix of feelings I have about this picture as it is maybe the first major project I decided to invest in photography and I REALLY wanna use this piece

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by braziliannyc View Post
    ... something kind of bothers me.. not sure... sorry guys... I know, I know... I sound confusing but it's a mix of feelings
    Walk away from it. Don't look at it for 2 or 3 days, then come back to it. Then decide if it needs further work.

Real Name
    Rogerio Bussad

Thank you Donald!

Real Name
    Brian

Good advice Donald.

Real Name
    Blake

It could be my monitor (I'm right in front of a bright window at the moment) but I can't see much detail on the arm. Other than that I like it. I had to do a self portrait project recently, and it certainly wasn't my forte.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast