Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: angel

Real Name
    pinaki

angel

I was taking pics of my daughter.This looks good to me .Is there any suggestions to improve this kind of pics.I donot know whether background is distracting or not?angel

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: angel

Hi, Pinakibaidya,

A lovely model you have there, and I suspect she'll be sitting for a lot of photos in the future. I very much like your use of colors. I think you are correct in wondering if the background is distracting. It is interesting, but you never want thte background to compete with your model. A tighter crop to include just your child and the green background would retain the colors and still give a sense of setting.

This might be a time to use manual focus. The auto-focus has no idea of your intent, and it picked the door as the primary focus, leaving your girl a bit soft. A tighter crop might have corrected this in camera, but it's the eyes that hold all the magic and should be the focus target. You have caught very nice catch lights in her eyes, and a sharp focus on these will make those eyes dance.

I think you are off to a good start, and hope to see more of your pictures soon.

Kevin

Yes, I do find the background distracting; but it also gives a bit of context to the scene.

I think a crop of the left side, as Kevin suggested, would help; probably leaving a 5 x 4 size ratio.

However, the most distracting element, for me, is the date stamp.

Real Name
    Sharon

Backgrounds have been dealt with... the pic is about her and that's what we should see.

She also looks as though she is 'posed'. With such little ones you get much better pics getting down to their level while they are at play and capturing the giggles, the smiles, the eye contact...the simple joys that light up a lovely little face and not when they are posed for the camera.

In short...too formal.

Enjoy her and let the camera enjoy her,,,she is a beautiful little girl

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Small thought -- the date stamp is very distracting -- I normally suggest turning them off.