Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX metroplex
    Posts
    15
    Real Name
    Joe

    Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    After quite some time of normal cursor use inPhotoshop, the normal single cursor for each tool has suddenly changed to a multiple (3) object cursor. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to reset this in Preferences. I have no idea what caused the change. Would reinstallation of the software help? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    Moderator GrumpyDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    12,357
    Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Is your caps locks on? The cursor changes shape this key has been pressed and goes back to normal when you turn caps lock off. I'm not sure if this is the issue, but it's worth a try.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    If caps-lock doesn't do the trick, perhaps you could post a screenshot for us to look at?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greece (ex UK)
    Posts
    618
    Real Name
    Russell

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX metroplex
    Posts
    15
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    I couldn"t get a screenshot to capture, visably, the little multi-cursors. Sorry.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Quote Originally Posted by jusoljoe View Post
    I couldn"t get a screenshot to capture, visably, the little multi-cursors. Sorry.
    Perhaps draw us an image - photograph it - and post that?

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Any tutorial available would be good . . .

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Quote Originally Posted by tammu View Post
    Any tutorial available would be good . . .
    Hi "tammu",

    Tutorial for what?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX metroplex
    Posts
    15
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Perhaps draw us an image - photograph it - and post that?
    Thanks Colin, I got sidetracked for a spell. Here is a picture that shows the cursor ( in the upper right) as 3 "hands"...the (move) tool...as one cursor. Don't know what caused the transition from normal...it's not the caplock suggested...and I have so far not been able to locate a change even in preferences. Any suggestions... It is driving me over the edge. Thanks.

    Joe

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Quote Originally Posted by jusoljoe View Post
    Thanks Colin, I got sidetracked for a spell. Here is a picture that shows the cursor ( in the upper right) as 3 "hands"...the (move) tool...as one cursor. Don't know what caused the transition from normal...it's not the caplock suggested...and I have so far not been able to locate a change even in preferences. Any suggestions... It is driving me over the edge. Thanks.

    Joe
    Not seeing any photo Joe ...

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX metroplex
    Posts
    15
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Not seeing any photo Joe ...
    My bad. I should have read the instrucctions for uploading or attaching photos. Here is another attempt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Quote Originally Posted by jusoljoe View Post
    My bad. I should have read the instrucctions for uploading or attaching photos. Here is another attempt.
    Sorry Joe,

    I can't figure it out. Have you tried the Adobe Forums?

  13. #13
    Moderator GrumpyDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    12,357
    Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences file? It's always possible that something got corrupted there.

    Press <Cntrl> <Alt> <Shift> when starting up Photoshop in windows (<Cmd> <Option> <Shft> on a Mac). There will be a prompt asking if you wish to reset to factory defaults. Click "Yes" and see if this fixes the problem.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX metroplex
    Posts
    15
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    I found the solution! It had to do with the text size choice, of all things. I had set the text size to 150 percent. For some unknown reason the cursor suddenly changed. In the Adobe Forum I found the same problem had been questioned. The result was to change to 149 or other percent and it worked. If this helps anyone else here, the search will have been worth it. Thanks to all who responded to my query. Special thanks to Colin.

    Joe

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Glad you got it sorted Joe!

  16. #16

    Re: Photoshop CS3 Preferences - Cursor

    Quote Originally Posted by jusoljoe View Post
    I found the solution! It had to do with the text size choice, of all things. I had set the text size to 150 percent. For some unknown reason the cursor suddenly changed. In the Adobe Forum I found the same problem had been questioned. The result was to change to 149 or other percent and it worked. If this helps anyone else here, the search will have been worth it. Thanks to all who responded to my query. Special thanks to Colin.

    Joe
    Joe, I am having the same multiple cursors in Photoshop CS3. I did reset current settings. Unfortunately, that did not help. Looking at your message, we cannot figure out how to set the text size to 149. If you can let me know, I would appreciate that very much. Thank you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •