Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A few sculptures.

A few sculptures.

We went to have a look at some sculptures last weekend and managed to get a few pictures. and it gave me a chance to have a play with my sigma 10-20 lens that I have had laying about for ages and not really tried yet..

Thanks for looking, Steve.

#1 Nikon d300s... sigma 10-20 with 0.6 ND grad filter.

A few sculptures.

#2 Nikon d300s...sigma 10 20 with 0.6 ND grad filter..7 exposures...

A few sculptures.

#3. Nikon d300s...sigma 10-20 .

A few sculptures.

#4.Nikon d300s ... sigma 10-20 with 0.9 ND grad filter...

The last one was from a trip to the beach a few days earlier

As I liked the idea of shooting down the groyne, which was straight into the sun it either meant a badly blown out sky and sand in the B/G or the wooden groynes (facing the camera ) being under exposed and showing no detail, I decided to shoot 5 exposures and and sort them out very mildly with some HDR software.. ( the idea was so as they didn't look like they have had the HDR treatment...)

A few sculptures.
    xposures
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 29th April 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: A few sculptures.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Steve View Post
    I decided to shoot 5 exposures and and sort them out very mildly with some HDR software.. ( the idea was so as they didn't look like they have had the HDR treatment...)
    And you have done so wonderfully well. I know a lot of people like the heavily tone-mapped treatment, but I think this is what the HDR technique was invented for. Well done.

As for the others - Well, you're certainly off to a great start with the lens. It does give you a whole different perspective on the world, doesn't it?

Real Name
    Nigel

I like them all but the beach one is my favourite. I would not have known it was HDR.

Real Name
    Pierre

Steve
    I love sculptures and I really like the open aspect of the 10-20.
    Your second sculpture is really interesting, I love it. I wonder if you have any images of it from different angles?
    Where are these located?

Thanks for the replies ...unfortunatly Pierre that was the only angle I took of the second sculpture...and they were located near Goodwood in west sussex in the UK at a place called Cass Sculpture http://www.sculpture.org.uk/visit/