Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ahh to be young again, bison calves

Real Name
    Dave

Ahh to be young again, bison calves

The National Bison Range is in the midst of the bison calving season. We counted 34 new calves yesterday. So much fun to watch. Energetic one minute than down for the count. Eat, drink and be merry than sleepy is their motto.

Also got this picture of one of the large bull elk. Just starting to grow his new antlers. In his case size matters. But the magpie seems comfortable finding insects while perching on his head. Symbiotic relationships are amazing.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Ahh to be young again, bison calves

Quote Originally Posted by risingwolf View Post
    I think this is a super image, Dave. Sure, it's got lots of the 'Aawh' factor, but I think it's far more than that. It is, I believe, a very fine wildlife picture. You have shown us these animals in their natural environment, behaving in totally natural way and done so with, in my opinion, a high degree of technical competence.

Real Name
    Dave

Re: Ahh to be young again, bison calves

Thanks for the kind words. To me an animal in its natural habitat makes for the best subject. The great thing about photography is that you learn more and more every day, it is not just techniques but more importantly about the natural history of your subjects.

Nature makes the best classroom.