Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Backyard Beauties

Real Name
    Kathy

Backyard Beauties

Here are a couple of my backyard "beauties".

Iris

Backyard Beauties

small rose bud

Backyard Beauties

Real Name
    Chuck

Re: Backyard Beauties

Kathy, very nice shots. I like the rose with the out of focus colors in the background. The iris is very nice as well. How did you get the black background? Chuck

Real Name
    Allan Short

Kathy: nice images, like the effect and colour of the Iris over the rose, thats just me. What you really make that Iris perfect for me, the upper and lower petals of the Iris seen to be going out of the frame. This may sound strange, but less of a crop, a smaller image with more of that black background encircling the Iris as that purple to blue to black just looks great. On the top about the same amount as the sides and about 2 to 3 times that amount on the bottom, so it is a little of a strange sized fromat.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Teton Chuck View Post
    Kathy, very nice shots. I like the rose with the out of focus colors in the background. The iris is very nice as well. How did you get the black background? Chuck
    Thank you Chuck for the nice comments
    In the original photo the background was pretty dark to begin with, with just a few green stems showing here and there.(I was shooting down on the iris with my flash on) I thought the green stems were a little distracting from the iris so I did some post crop vignetting and added just a touch of black (with my black slider) in Lightroom and this is what I came up with. Thanks again for looking.

Kathy

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    Kathy: nice images, like the effect and colour of the Iris over the rose, thats just me. What you really make that Iris perfect for me, the upper and lower petals of the Iris seen to be going out of the frame. This may sound strange, but less of a crop, a smaller image with more of that black background encircling the Iris as that purple to blue to black just looks great. On the top about the same amount as the sides and about 2 to 3 times that amount on the bottom, so it is a little of a strange sized fromat.

Thanks Allan for the cropping idea, I will try that on my next photo shoot! Thanks for looking your comments are so appreciated!!

Kathy

Cheers:

Allan