Real Name
    jason

hoverfly in my garden

hoverfly in my garden

Real Name
    Terry

Re: hoverfly in my garden

Great mid-hover capture, Jason.

I wonder, could it be cropped a little closer? He looks clean and in focus enough to support a little cropping.

Real Name
    jason

thanks for that i did want to resize it but didnt know how to,i did resize it on elements,but when i want to down load it to this forum i could not for some reason

Real Name
    jason

i was trying to crop it but could not ,i did crop it on elements,but when i went to up load to this forum i could not,why is this so hard on this forum

Real Name
    Terry

Jason, if you can get the original posted, you can get a cropped version posted. Seems like you have the Posting part down.

Could it be that perhaps you are not saving the image after you are cropping it?

We'd have to know what you are doing from crop to post to be able to really help out.

If you would want to describe what you are doing, I'll try my best to make some suggestions. I haven't used Elements in a good long time, but I know there are folks here who would be happy to help any way they can.

I know this, Jason. I, for one, would love to see more of your stuff. And I'd be happy to do anything I can to facilitate that.

By the way, I love how you caught your hover fly backlit.
    Last edited by Loose Canon; 28th March 2012 at 08:07 PM.

Real Name
    jason

thanks terry,well when i put it on elements i croped it and it looked good,but when i go to upload it to this forum i cant excess from elements only from a folder that comes up when i press the up load button,as you can tell i don't really like writing that much on the computer,but i think i know what i may have done wrong so next time i will try something different.

Real Name
    jason

not sure how to use this site to be honest but im sure i will get there in the end i hate reading as well so all in all not to good

Real Name
    jason

thanks for your kind words as well terry only had this camera about six months so have not been into this to long

Real Name
    Terry

Hokay Jason. No worries.

You can pull this off. I got Faith in you, Man. I’ll try to give you something here that may help. It may also be irrelevant and if so, I apologize.

I have an older version of Elements on my machine. It is Elements 6, but the steps should be the same or at least similar.

So I have your original image up in Elements.

hoverfly in my garden

Crop tool.

hoverfly in my garden

Crop the image.

hoverfly in my garden

Go to file>save as

hoverfly in my garden

And wind up here:

hoverfly in my garden

Here you name the cropped version, then choose where to save it to. Maybe a folder in My Pictures or wherever you are saving photos on your machine. Make adjustments, crop, whatever and then “save as” with a different name than the original name. (For example: Original Name-1 or something unique) This will ensure you save the adjusted image as something different from the original. When you do that, you will be have both the original and the adjusted version saved separately. Tap the "save" button at bottom right and baboom baby, you are done!

Then, when you go to upload on here, you choose what folder you put your cropped image in, and do what you did to post your original. You cannot access your shots directly from Elements to post on here. You must first “save” or “save as” them to a location on your computer and then access them from there.

Jason, if I have made this about as clear as mud, I apologize. Just keep asking the questions that are on your mind and you will get the answers you need.
    Last edited by Loose Canon; 28th March 2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Found out the difference between left and right! Oops!

Real Name
    jason

thankyou terry thats what i done except change the name of the file so will do that from now on thanks again terry much appreciate that helps me alot hope to up load some more for u to have a look

Real Name
    Terry

Awesome, Jason.

Bring 'em on!