Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Moring walk

Real Name
    Jeff

Moring walk

Up in the high mountains yesterday. Am likes it here, as do I, However I find this area very difficult to photograph, mostly because of the orientation, but I keep trying. Panasonic LX3. Comments welcome.

Moring walk

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: Moring walk

Snow! Nice..
    Well I agree these kinds of shots are tricky.. You love the view & the place & the scene give a kick to your mood but it gets difficult to capture the mood & the feeling in an image.
    The eyes keep banging on the trees in the centre of the image.
    That small water stream looks pretty interesting. Had it been me, I would have tried taking a picture keeping the water stream as primary subject.. I don't know if I am making sense...

Real Name
    Jeff

Believe me, I worked that stream as well, but I'm afraid that the posted shot was the best I could come up with !

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

This shot is not bad. I don't have much experiences with shooting in snow. Once when I got the opportunity, I failed miserable. Everything came washed out. I tried going for a smaller aperture & bingo.
    Screen of my laptop was changed recently, so I am not sure about its calibration, but to me, snow up at the mountains look a li'l blue.

I think it is the actual mountains (rocks) which are looking bluish not the snow which seems just right in sunshine. Shadow snow always has something of a greyish blue tint.

And the clouds look perfect as well.