Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mute Swan

Real Name
    Bobo

Mute Swan

Graceful subjects to photograph but the whites are a difficult colour to get right.

Mute Swan

Mute Swan

Mute Swan

4. Snap that! snap that! said the Snowy. But the camera was not setup to get both in good focus.
    Mute Swan

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Mute Swan

Bobo, I like the quite feel to the first image. Then you have to bang out a Snowy! I am rather envious of the opporyunity! Any chances you were able to get up on him where you could get an un-obstructed shot? I would be happy to get whatever was offered but I have to ask. What you did capture was done well. Envious I say!

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Paul.
    How I wish. Have been hunting for snowies all winter. They do not like me it seems.

#4 was shot at a marina and all access sealed off for the winter so no getting closer. There was a guy there with a 600mm and probably laughing his head off at my puny zoom.

BUT - he did not get the swan taking flight. hehe

The only other snowy I saw was this - 100+ yards away from me in all directions. Yes, I did drive around the entire perimeter of the field in an effort to find the closest.

Mute Swan

Mute Swan

Real Name
    Paul

I think I may have to make a concentrated effort for some Snowies next season. You have had more good fortune than I and I am betting it is just a matter of time and you will find that one shot and be in good position to get it. I wish us both good luck!

Real Name
    Bobo

Yes we need it.

Anyway best times are early morning or late afternoon and lots of snow. Though this year people have been finding them in all the odd places. But according to the experts the sightings this year were exceptionally high. Apparently owl migrations have a 7 year cycle according to the experts so next winter may not be all that great.

But... I remain positive that we shall get one good one in time.