Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Storm - Lamp

Storm - Lamp

Storm - Lamp
    Trail Stop
    Storm - Lamp

Re: Storm - Lamp

I'm afraid I don't see much in either of these images. Technically, they're fine except that both needt o be straightened/levled. The the lamp seems just a disembodied light against the clouds; I think a capture with the whole lamp column and a little bit of the ground to provide a visual anchor would have been an improvement. As for the lower image, not sure what you are trying to say. Perhaps a little insight into your thinking?

Merely my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

Real Name
    Adrian

Ajith, these two are not your best. This issue with not holding the camera level affects many of your images and if I were you I would go out and practice that, re-evaluating how you hold the camera and how you ensure that you get a level horizon.

Image two does not float my boar at all. It leans to the right (as usual ;-) ) and for me the blurred background in this image just looks like a depth of field error. I would bin that one.

I do like a lot of your pictures and many show compositional promise, but this must have been an off day. Sorry!

I took the second pic as I could get so many soft colors in a single shot and that too in a very moody scene ..this was after the first rain after winter .....i do admit that there is nothing technically special...

i must congratulate u mrrajith on your selection of subjects for your pics....they have fantastic scope for good pics the thoughts behind your pics dont convert to a good pic,cz you need to practice like what mradrian and mrtirediron suggested here the lamp by itself is very photogenic, and i can say its beautifully exposed,the sky behind is charming too.....still i find it incomplete the second pic colors are just fantastic to watch and enjoy but the comfort such pics demand to attract a viewers attention is missing technicalities are always secondary...choosing a subject and creating a dialogue with the viewer through your pics is necessary

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    i must congratulate u mrrajith on your selection of subjects for your pics....they have fantastic scope for good pics the thoughts behind your pics dont convert to a good pic,cz you need to practice like what mradrian and mrtirediron suggested here the lamp by itself is very photogenic, and i can say its beautifully exposed,the sky behind is charming too.....still i find it incomplete the second pic colors are just fantastic to watch and enjoy but the comfort such pics demand to attract a viewers attention is missing technicalities are always secondary...choosing a subject and creating a dialogue with the viewer through your pics is necessary

Thanks Taken ... "Practice make one (me) perfect"

Real Name
    Ian

Shot 1 Straighten and crop the lamppost, - it will improve it tremendously.
    Shot 2 ...sorry, but the subject is not obvious and I would recompose this one completely, too many distracting elements.

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    Shot 1 Straighten and crop the lamppost, - it will improve it tremendously.
    Shot 2 ...sorry, but the subject is not obvious and I would recompose this one completely, too many distracting elements.
    h'mm , better luck (for me) next time...