Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tripod Trix

Real Name
    Richard

Tripod Trix

Vimeo is a competitor to YouTube which, IMO, has a better collection of videos. I just found this short video regarding tripod tricks shooting video:

This is one of a large collection of vimeo instructional videos on video shooting with DSLR cameras. However, the information that they contain is applicable to shooting video with camcorders also.

The last segment of Tripod Trix shows using a tripod, hand-held, as a pseudo stabilizer. I am going to try his with my new Panasonic TM900 camcorder.

I suspect that if this technique works, it might be handy to be able to hand-hold the camera for shots wit a lot of motion and still have a tripod for those static shots that look horrible when hand held. I can easily support my TM900 camcorder with the modified SLIK Pro 330D tripod I modified into an ultra light weight travel tripod. This rig might be great for hand holding...

The only thing I don't like about this video is that the presenters are corny and overact but, given their ages, that is forgiveable...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 28th February 2012 at 04:42 PM.

Re: Tripod Trix

They sure have figured out what looks to be some awesome techniques. I too will try out the tripod trix for video. Thanks for the link!

Re: Tripod Trix

Good video thanks for the link. I was working on a gimble for steadycam shots for shooting video with my GF2.

Ryo