Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Another with the mkii

Real Name
    Steve

Another with the mkii

I've toned down the sharpening and contrast a little bit. 8mp /larger pixles/12bit color space, must not be able to take the sharpening and contrast as well.

Shooting with this thing is a dream. Everytime i use it , i find something new. For example .........spot metering and you hit the exposure lock in av mode..............the camera displays where you locked the exposure at and also displays the exposure of different parts of the scene as you move the camera around. For example i can lock the exposure at +1/3 on a deer, and then move the center dot to the sun lit background and see what the exposure is going to be. This thing is awesome, even though the resolution isn't quite as good as the 40d.

Anyway just working on a consistant workflow for this camera.

Another with the mkii

Real Name
    Pat

Re: Another with the mkii

Hi Steve,
    Like the shot.Is that the 5Dmkii you are using?
    Best Wishes Pat,

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ollokot View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Like the shot.Is that the 5Dmkii you are using?
    Best Wishes Pat,
    Thanks Pat, sorry, it's the 1dmkii. I got it used off ebay a couple weeks ago, as a second body. Just trying to get used to it.

Real Name
    Pat

I was wondering when I read 8mp,I hope to be in the market late in the year for a full frame possibly the 5Dmkii but am not sure,I would like a second boby with my trusty 50D.
    Pat,

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ollokot View Post
    I was wondering when I read 8mp,I hope to be in the market late in the year for a full frame possibly the 5Dmkii but am not sure,I would like a second boby with my trusty 50D.
    Pat,
    You might want to consider a 1dsmkii. (FF 16mp) They have been going for around $1500. The 1d's are an awesome body.

Real Name
    Pat

Thanks for that Steve,I hope to have enough Euro's gathered by the end of the year and will keep my ears to the ground and my eyes peeled,
    Pat,