Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Goodnight Mount Arthur

Goodnight Mount Arthur

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Goodnight Mount Arthur

Hi again Colin,

As related in (II), I think this works too, I am sure both would sell, but I wonder on this one, whether a bit narrower still might work better.
    By this I mean produce a frame that's a taller and thinner and might be easier to find a place for on a bit of wall in a customer's home.

That's enough hypothesizing from me, cheers,

Lovely photo, but, is it me...an optical illusion......or is it not quite straight?
    Don't mean to be picky!!!!
    Last edited by Keith; 1st June 2009 at 05:54 PM.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    I am sure both would sell, but I wonder on this one, whether a bit narrower still might work better.
    By this I mean produce a frame that's a taller and thinner and might be easier to find a place for on a bit of wall in a customer's home.
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. I shot this in the vertical orientation because a collegue needs candidates for a calender he shoots each year (he never seems to get his own shots done in time!), so we're constrained by the aspect ratio required by the printers.

Personally, I feel that this requirement cuts us off at the knees a lot; as you know, I'm primarily a horizontal shooter (and a wide-aspect ratio one at that), so getting good vertical shots is often a bit of a challenge.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by crusty View Post
    Lovely photo, but, is it me...an optical illusion......or is it not quite straight?
    Don't mean to be picky!!!!
    Hi Crusty,

Thanks for that. I think your right - I must have forgotten to check it!

Hi Colin,

After seeing this and the landscape shot, I have to say that the portrait I like better. They both look fantastic (as per all your work) but I think this one looks better because the mud things tend to distract away from the horizon.

PS Sorry I haven't been on here in a while as I've had alot of issues going on with a complicated breakup and plenty of things going on at work so this is my apology to you and the rest of the gang at CiC.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by dan88 View Post
    Hi Colin,

After seeing this and the landscape shot, I have to say that the portrait I like better. They both look fantastic (as per all your work) but I think this one looks better because the mud things tend to distract away from the horizon.

PS Sorry I haven't been on here in a while as I've had alot of issues going on with a complicated breakup and plenty of things going on at work so this is my apology to you and the rest of the gang at CiC.
    Thanks Dan,

Thanks for the update too -- great to have you back!