Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye (Nikon)

Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye (Nikon)

This is the cheapest 10mm fisheye lens i could find but i cant find a review on it, anyone had experience with this lens or Tokina for that matter?

Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye (Nikon)

Cheers Scott

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye (Nikon)

No experience. But try the Fred Miranda board. Anyone can post a review there, so you get a large range of opinions about a lens, which helps you get a more accurate "feel" for the lens than a single review.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...hp?product=329

The CHEAPEST crop-body fisheye you can probably find, btw, (although not 10mm) is the manual focus/aperture Samyang/Rokinon (plus about a bazillion other names, since Samyang's lenses tend to get rebranded) 8mm f/3.5 fisheye which goes for about US$300. (Ok, there's also the Peleng 8mm, but that's a circular fisheye on full-frame). But, obviously, the Tokina zooms, something that was unique among fisheyes until the Canon 8-15 f/4L came along.

Real Name
    Siggi-short for Siegfried

I have a 10-20 Sigma which is listed as an ultra wide angle lens,you may want to search under that heading.

thanks guys just found the lens i think i want from D & D Photographics. Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye (Nikon)
    Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye - $529

Real Name
    Pete

Real Name
    Chris

If you want to do aftermarket lenses for Nikon, I would strongly suggest the Tokina lenses. I tried that one out from B&H but it was too wide for me...silly I guess, but I just don't like all that distortion. However, like it or not, it was a great lens with very sharp focus. I used it on a Nikon D7000.

Real Name
    Richard

I agree with Chris concerning Tokina lenses. I presently use a 12-24mm f/4 Tokina ATX which I absolutely love. I fell in love with this lens when I viewed the wonderful work of Roman Johnson on his pbase galleries.

http://www.pbase.com/romansphotos

Many of Roman's outstanding images were shot with the Tokina 12-24mm f/4 ATX. When I bought my own copy for my Canon cameras, I was not disappointed. I use the original Mk-I version of the 12-24mm Tokina and I have not experienced the flare of which many photographers have complained. However, Tokina has brought out a Mk-II vesion which is said to be more flare resistant.

I had and used a 400mm f/5.6 Tokina ATX and the image quality was very good, although the auto focus left a lot to be desired. I have used the 12-24mm Tokina on cameras ranging from the oldest (Canon D60) to my present 7D and the 400mm Tokina on cameras from the D60 to the 40D. These the lenses worked with all my cameras. However I have a 28mm f/1.8 Sigma which can no longer be used on any camera newer than the Canon 10D because Sigma will not/cannot (amounts to the same thing for me) rechip this lens to work with the newer Canon cameras.