Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Final Approach

  1. #1
    Goldcoastgolfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    1,800
    Real Name
    Mal

    Final Approach

    Hi folks,

    Just like everyone's thoughts on the photo below. Just something I caught in between surfers catching waves this morning.

    Final Approach

  2. #2
    wilgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    2,408
    Real Name
    Kay

    Re: Final Approach

    Hi malcolm, I really like the angle of the bird's wings & it's angled position in the frame, but the other bird I find distracting, rather than adding to the overall appeal.
    Lovely backlight on main bird's wings as well

  3. #3
    Goldcoastgolfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    1,800
    Real Name
    Mal

    Re: Final Approach

    Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    Hi malcolm, I really like the angle of the bird's wings & it's angled position in the frame, but the other bird I find distracting, rather than adding to the overall appeal.
    Lovely backlight on main bird's wings as well
    I was undecided so I thought I'd get everyone's feedback. Here's the version with the other bird cropped out.

    [IMGhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yxhonIq6YTw/TxpYZctvkfI/AAAAAAAAHOk/wOVyyP1B4Gg/s800/GCG_6106.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Goldcoastgolfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    1,800
    Real Name
    Mal

    Re: Final Approach

    Try that again - wouldn't let me edit my typo!

    Final Approach

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Final Approach

    That title reminded me of my flying days ...Final Approach

  6. #6
    wilgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    2,408
    Real Name
    Kay

    Re: Final Approach

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldcoastgolfer View Post
    Try that again - wouldn't let me edit my typo!

    Final Approach
    now you're cooking!

  7. #7
    wilgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    2,408
    Real Name
    Kay

    Re: Final Approach

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    That title reminded me of my flying days ...Final Approach
    Colin- Have you seen the "Come Fly with Me" TV series, from the makers of Little Britain?
    I dont know if that humour is your cup of tea, but it has Michael & I in stitches

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Final Approach

    Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    Colin- Have you seen the "Come Fly with Me" TV series, from the makers of Little Britain?I dont know if that humour is your cup of tea, but it has Michael & I in stitches
    I don't THINK so - the title sounds familiar, but I think that might just have been the title song for a series featuring EzyJet (out of the UK). My favourite series was "Mile High" - bit raunchy - fast paced - but enjoyable (only made 2 series, but I recorded both to DVD!).

  9. #9
    wilgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    2,408
    Real Name
    Kay

    Re: Final Approach

    Aha, nope this is different, British comedy series.
    I will try to find some links & share... bit sad when my sense of humour is the same as the 17yr old son's - but I do prefer that he watches this than 'the simpsons' or the like.

  10. #10
    Goldcoastgolfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    1,800
    Real Name
    Mal

    Re: Final Approach

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    That title reminded me of my flying days ...Final Approach
    I hope you didn't have the stick when you took that photo!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Final Approach

    Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    Aha, nope this is different, British comedy series.
    I will try to find some links & share... bit sad when my sense of humour is the same as the 17yr old son's - but I do prefer that he watches this than 'the simpsons' or the like.
    Actually, I quite like The Simpsons! - I just love the little adult "truisms" that go sailing right over kids heads

    Sadly though, I don't have a sense of humour that I'm aware of these days (just ask my kids!)

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Final Approach

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldcoastgolfer View Post
    I hope you didn't have the stick when you took that photo!
    Of course Malcolm, what's the problem?

  13. #13
    Goldcoastgolfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    1,800
    Real Name
    Mal

    Re: Final Approach

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Of course Malcolm, what's the problem?
    You must be as crazy as I am then! Although I never thought to take a camera with me when I used to fly.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Final Approach

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldcoastgolfer View Post
    You must be as crazy as I am then! Although I never thought to take a camera with me when I used to fly.
    Seriously (for just a moment), I used to take a few shots in the cruise, but in this case, I was actually on the ground with one tripod leg over the perimeter fence

  15. #15
    Goldcoastgolfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    1,800
    Real Name
    Mal

    Re: Final Approach

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Seriously (for just a moment), I used to take a few shots in the cruise, but in this case, I was actually on the ground with one tripod leg over the perimeter fence
    It's pretty convincing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •