Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Quick snapshot edited - Granddaughter and pup

Real Name
    Natalie

Quick snapshot edited - Granddaughter and pup

My grand-daughter was visiting and we were going to give the new puppy a bath....and I took some quick snaps in the bathroom....I liked this particular shot, and did a little editing to improve it for framing....mostly I cut out and pasted the background in a new layer with maybe 4 pixel feathering. Then I blurred that layer using Gaussian blur.....if I didn't like some of the edges, I cut out a bit of the arm and pasted it on a new layer and then I could touch-up the blurred layer underneath it right up to and under the bit I pasted in layer 3.

Original shot:

touched up shot:

Comments and advice always appreciated.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Quick snapshot edited - Granddaughter and pup

Heartwarming shot of a lovely little girl and a beautiful puppy. I'd loved to have the dogs face turned a bit more to the camera but, I know very will that dogs are not always cooperative.

BTW: Craft stores sell little plastic squeekers which are designed to be sewn into stuffed toys. They cost next to nothing and are great for attracting the attention of dogs and. far less so, of cats.

Real Name
    Natalie

LOL, Richard, I had a clicker, but out of all the photos I took, this is probably the only one where they are both looking in almost the same direction.....either the girl or the dog were squirming out of control!! I guess I could cut and paste one of the pups better head shots into this image.

To show how hard it is to photograph children, I made this animation several years back of the same grand-daughter. It still makes me smile....and it was just this hard with a six year old and puppy!! LOL!

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    BTW: Craft stores sell little plastic squeekers which are designed to be sewn into stuffed toys. They cost next to nothing and are great for attracting the attention of dogs and. far less so, of cats.
    Never worked with my dog - she was deadly afread of squeeky toys - and the vacuum cleaner!
    Nat, This is just an adorable picture!

Real Name
    Natalie

Thank you, Kris. My late boxer loved to be vacuumed whenever I was cleaning house!! This pup is only 4 months old, but she's not afraid of anything or anybody!! Quite a handful! My grand-daughter, on the other hand, is perfect!! LOL!

Real Name
    Myra

LOVE this photo. But do you know, I also really like the texture of the shower curtain in the first photo if the folds could be cloned out. Makes an interesting effect. Both of the subjects are 100% adorable.

Real Name
    Natalie

Thanks, Myra. Been meaning to try tea staining a wrinkled white sheet to use as a backdrop.....I really don't have anything else to use, not too fond of the shower curtain myself!! LOL!

Real Name
    Mal

Nicely done - it's a great capture. I might be inclined to leave the surface she was sitting on in the edited picture though

Real Name
    Toņo

Very nice editing job Nat.

But I agree with Malcolm. It is a little strange seeing her floating in the air in a sitting position.
    If you don't like the edge of the bath tub maybe you can replace it with something else.

Very cute photo.

Toņo