Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Manfrotto Gizmo

Real Name
    Steve Owen

Manfrotto Gizmo

A few days ago I ordered this Manfrotto gizmo, its called a “Super Clamp”. Aside from the clamp itself, there are several accessory adapters for it. Below is the clamp, a 1/4 and 3/8 thread short fixture, and a 3/8 thread tripod head mount, with the 3 head securing set screws.

Manfrotto Gizmo

Here is the clamp with a Silk SBH-100 light duty ball head, using the 1/4 and 3/8 thread short fixture. This would be for maximum portability, and smaller P&S cameras. Or mounting remote slave, and off camera TTL cord sync flash units.

Manfrotto Gizmo

Here is the clamp setup for more serious business, with a Manfrotto MA460MG 3D head, and the 3/8 thread tripod head mount.

Manfrotto Gizmo

All these fittings snap into a quick release socket in the clamp, so you can change them in a flash. The smaller thumb screw in the rear, locks in the device to secure it, so it does not accidentally get released. The large lock lever secures the clamp, with just a little snug turn. The small silver button on the clamp body, is the device quick release.

The clamp will support 15Kg, and clamp on up to a 2-1/2 inch pipe, or 2 inch flat surface like a table or shelf. Hey!, even a tree limb of the proper dimensions would work. Actually the clamp will fasten to almost anything from 1/4 inch thick up to 2-1/2 inches. Round, square, triangular, or flat.

So if you want something super portable, so you can have some camera support when needed. You might think about one of these, I am glad I did. But I never knew they existed until I saw one on the internet, just a few days before I ordered it.

Sold by B&H, the clamp is around $24, the fittings are extra.
    Last edited by steve40; 1st January 2012 at 03:08 AM.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Manfrotto Gizmo

Cool little break-down Steve.

Thanks,
    Chris

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Nifty device Steve - Vanguard 240 is pretty handy as well, similar idea...

Real Name
    Rob Douglas

I'm going to have to check that out. I've been looking for something like that for my desk top studio work so I don't have to have a tripod setup in the way. I shoot with a mini desk top tripod now but is really seams to get in the way and I really don't need to move it so the extra security of a clamp on unit not getting bumped seams pretty enticing.

Real Name
    Steve Owen

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Douglas View Post
    I'm going to have to check that out. I've been looking for something like that for my desk top studio work so I don't have to have a tripod setup in the way. I shoot with a mini desk top tripod now but is really seams to get in the way and I really don't need to move it so the extra security of a clamp on unit not getting bumped seams pretty enticing.
    Ha ha - that's odd B&H also has lightning fittings, for this Gizmo to boot.

Real Name
    Chris

Thanks Steve!