Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Peaceful Afternoon

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Peaceful Afternoon

I don't use my Tamron 75-300mm lens all that often, and I'm still not completely getting the hang of it. I was too lazy to get out the tripod....
    Anyway, I took this picture last Sunday - The dog isn't ours, but she's a regular visitor (read: free food and snacks) on weekends when we're in the country.
    She made herself comfortable under the dogwood tree - and yes, the leaves are really that bright red.
    Peaceful Afternoon

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Peaceful Afternoon

Kris - I think that is so close to beign a beauty. And the reason I say that is that I feel it's just a bit too busy. If you had managed to throw the background write out-of-focus and we just had the dog, the furniture and the dogwood in focus, I don't think our eyes would be having to work so hard as they are flitting around the frame.

It feels like one of these where you would have isolated these elements in your mind. But, of course, the camera can't do that unless me make it do that.

It's just such a gorgeous scene of peace and tranquility

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Thanks Donald. Like I said - I'm still trying to get the hang of using the Tamron Lens. I mostly tried to keep my hands steady, and forgot about everything I ever learned about the rest.
    I may try a similar shot again - with a tripod this time.
    Hm, I'll try blurring in PP - see if that improves the overall feel.
    Actually, this picture was the best of a set of about 5 or 6.
    The others were WAY too soft. (File 13 is getting pretty full! )

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    I mostly tried to keep my hands steady, and forgot about everything I ever learned about the rest.
    But the really, really exciting feeling is the day you realise (and it will come) that you're putting all the bits of learning together without thinking about it. No substance could every equal the high that that gives you (or maybe I'm just too sad!). And then you really start flying.