Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Colours

Real Name
    Jason

Colours

Hello,

I was just wondering what the thoughts were on the colouring of this photo. I played around with the contrast and vibrance a bit but I am not sure if I have overdone it. i know it is not the sharpest photo but I quite like the softness of it. Any C&C greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Colours

Real Name
    Steven Baglione

Re: Colours

This looks nice to me! I don't think the colors are over the top. It's all about you, if you like it, others will too.
    Steve

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Very nice - taken in the capital city, yes?

Real Name
    Jason

Hi Steve, thanks, yeah I do like it and am thinking about getting a print done for my wife.
    Hi Robert, thankyou and yes it was taken at the Botanical Gardens in Canberra.

Cheers

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Jason,

I don't think what you've done has harmed it, but it may have been a touch over exposed to start with; there are pale petal areas with no detail.

I think more experience might bring better compositions in future too, there's nothing I can put my finger on beyond saying that having half a bloom on the edge of a shot, or bits of others trailing into shot isn't usually a good idea.

Hope that helps,

Colours etc work fine for me.

I'm wondering if the overall scene is a bit too distracting though. Possibly crop out that partial white flower on the right and a bit from the top to concentrate on the centre grouping. Not sure thought, just a thought.

Real Name
    Joe

Hello Jason,

You asked whether the the coloring looked correct and whether the image appeared overdone. The photograph does not appear overdone regarding the contrast and vibrance you asked about. Regarding the color I can only say that it should be compared to the original color of the flowers looking natural. I have never seen that flower, but I would hope to someday it is quite a beautiful blossom. Regarding the softness you mentioned if you choose to have the center focus point active you can selectively focus and use an aperture to control the depth of field.

Real Name
    Jason

Hi again,

Thankyou all for the answers. I intend to go back to the gardens this arvo to have another crack at some of the photos I have taken previously. I have myself a new sturdy tripod that I intend to fully utilise this time. I have stored all comments and suggestions away and will see how I go. Thanks again.

Cheers