Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lake Wylie Dam Panorama

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Lake Wylie Dam Panorama

I thought I'd try a panorama. This one is made from two images.

The original dam was built in 1904. The dam was rebuilt in 1924 and the lake's surface expanded to approximately 13,443 acres and 325 miles of shoreline. In addition to supporting Wylie Hydroelectric Station, Lake Wylie also supports Allen Steam Station and Catawba Nuclear Station with cooling water. The power station has four generating units with a capacity of 60 megawatts.

Lake Wylie Dam Panorama

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Lake Wylie Dam Panorama

This has GOT to be viewed in the lightrooom (just click on it to see it larger with a dark background).

Overall, it feels just a bit bright to me Frank. But I can understand that is how the scene may have been at the time.

Real Name
    John

Hi Frank,
    not only do I like the picture, but always love the background information you post with most / if not all of your pictures. Enjoyed both.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Thanks Donald! The Carolinas are known for bright sun and deep blue skys but it is sometimes hard to get the brightness to what I 'think' I remember how it was on that day.

Hi John! I enjoy seeing the images more here at CiC when the photographer adds an interesting background to the image. So I thought I'd see what I could do to help make other people smile. Glad you like it and thank you for the kind comments!

Here is a close-up of the left hand spillways as taken from behind the foliage up by the generator station in the previous image.

In this image the shadow areas were tonemapped and blended back into the original as the shadows were very dark late in the day when I took this one.

Lake Wylie Dam Panorama

Real Name
    Sergio Smorovoz

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    In this image the shadow areas were tonemapped and blended back into the original as the shadows were very dark late in the day when I took this one.
    Hi, Frank.

The best water park!