Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Found some Canon 70-300 reviews & examples

  1. #1
    Harpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA USA
    Posts
    425
    Real Name
    Mike

    Found some Canon 70-300 reviews & examples

    Just saw this. With the recent questions on zooms and people wondering about the recent 70-300, here are a couple good reviews. Im impressed with the examples shown here and makes me feel better about my purchase of this lens.

    Canon 70-300mm L review

  2. #2
    Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toscana, Italy
    Posts
    993

    Re: Found some Canon 70-300 reviews & examples

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    Just saw this. With the recent questions on zooms and people wondering about the recent 70-300, here are a couple good reviews. Im impressed with the examples shown here and makes me feel better about my purchase of this lens.

    Canon 70-300mm L review
    thanks Mike for the link
    I'm very close to order it! I just wait a couple of days to place my previous ef 70-300, the not-L version.
    I read some very good reviews here:
    http://www.lenstip.com/

    http://www.dxomark.com/index.php

    what is your impression about the 70-300 L?
    have you used other telezooms?
    thanks
    Nicola

  3. #3
    Harpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA USA
    Posts
    425
    Real Name
    Mike

    Re: Found some Canon 70-300 reviews & examples

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    what is your impression about the 70-300 L?
    have you used other telezooms?
    thanks
    Nicola
    I have a 18-135mm IS that came with my camera. I rented the 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM II and the 2x TC last summer. In real world experience, the 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM is comparable in IQ and sharpness.

    If you are pixel peeping and enlarging alot, the 70-200 II has an edge. but for what I use its hard to tell the difference. As my skills improve, I expect to be able to get results like in the first review in the Canon Rumors link. What the lens is designed for and is good at- is exactly what I was looking for.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario (mostly)
    Posts
    6,616
    Real Name
    Bobo

    Re: Found some Canon 70-300 reviews & examples

    Will just say this -

    If you want a zoom in this range - get it!

    It is crazy good.

    I have had it now for about 8 months and for some reason is always the lens of choice.

  5. #5
    Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toscana, Italy
    Posts
    993

    Re: Found some Canon 70-300 reviews & examples

    thanks Mike and Bobo!
    I'm going to order it very soon, probably next week.
    cheers
    Nicola

  6. #6
    Glenn NK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Found some Canon 70-300 reviews & examples

    My favourite source:

    http://www.photozone.de/canon_eos_ff...70300f456islff

    Reviews by owners:

    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...&cat=27&page=3

    The feature I find intriguing is its length - only 143 mm (5 5/8") so it will fit into some of the not so large bags. However it's not so light at 1050 gm (over 2 1/4 lb). There is a lot of glass in there.

    If I had the money, it would be in my bag (but then I wouldn't be able to carry it ).

    Glenn

  7. #7
    Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toscana, Italy
    Posts
    993

    Re: Found some Canon 70-300 reviews & examples

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn NK View Post
    My favourite source:

    http://www.photozone.de/canon_eos_ff...70300f456islff

    Reviews by owners:

    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...&cat=27&page=3

    The feature I find intriguing is its length - only 143 mm (5 5/8") so it will fit into some of the not so large bags. However it's not so light at 1050 gm (over 2 1/4 lb). There is a lot of glass in there.

    If I had the money, it would be in my bag (but then I wouldn't be able to carry it ).

    Glenn
    thanks Glenn for the feedback!
    I also read Photozone's reviews, but take a look at this article:
    http://www.lenstip.com/127.1-article...m_others_.html


    cheers
    N

  8. #8
    Glenn NK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Found some Canon 70-300 reviews & examples

    Thanks for the lead Nicola. Now if anyone wants a really interesting read, try this one (it was posted on Naturescapes.net):

    http://www.dpreview.com/articles/733...-and-fallacies

    Glenn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •