Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The kids

Real Name
    Chris

Re: The kids

nice to see the kids Iwan and delighted you don't try to prevent them from being kids and doing things which are potentially dangerous. Also nice to note a fellow D80 user.

Photographically speaking all 3 images look very 'cold' and think they might benefit from upward adjustment of colour temperature. Middle one might improve from some distortion correction, though if the exif is correct at 26mm it shouldn't unless finger slipped.

1 & 3 contain rather a lot of concrete etc that do not do much for me and I would crop a lot harder just leaving a little bit of context, but I think maybe you like a sort of industrial flavour?

Yes...I'd like took peoples without posing. I took this foto without distrub them activities. The background foto's 1 & 3, that i'd like it. The kids can play everywhere....

Well, I think you can improve these by some cropping, adjusting color and lighting.....I have attached just one quick example.......of course this is just my approach and everyone might approach it differently......

The kids

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

In the second image, the camera is looking down, and "in on the kids world". it is from an adult's view.

Often it is better for environmental candid portraiture, to get the camera at "kid level" and see the world from their perspective.

In the first image the subject is central. I think the expanse of the area and the relative size oft eh child would be shown better if he were positioned in the frame more to camera right, and also the camera’s viewpoint was moved to camera left, thus getting more facial expression.

WW

Guys....thank for all reactions

Willgoss, Id like yours work. Honestly I never did before. Could you explain how I get free program ?

Iwangobor.....

For free programs....I suggest first getting FastStone...to use as a browser/viewer and light editing....with this you can Crop, rotate and enhance colors....e-mail and all the support functions.....

I would then add IrfanView, also free which offers the addition of PaintShop plugins that can greatly expand your capabilities...the quick changes I did you your picture were with IrfanVied and the Filters Unlimited plugin.....

Moving to a full editing program Paint.Net is good and more complex but better is Gimp....

All are freeware....

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanbogor View Post
    Could you explain how I get free program ?
    as you are using a D80, why not Nikon View NX, works direct from NEF (RAW) images which you may find others do not; but no crop or level tool so you may need to use something else after.

http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/

to get full Nikon support you may have to register the camera first, but probably just create an account for download.
    Last edited by crisscross; 6th May 2009 at 09:26 PM.