Thread: cut and paste

Real Name
    Martyn

cut and paste

my homage to gil elvgren's flying high,it doesnt look realistic tho, i tried to put shadow and highlights on the witch to correspond to the moon shine but i couldnt do it on the cutout figure,i realise that she should be in silhouette due to the light of the moon behind her but that would defeat the object,any offers of improvement gratefully accepted,cheers martyn
    cut and paste

Real Name
    John

Re: cut and paste

Realism barely noticeable. Nice image.

Real Name
    Martyn

thanks shadowman,i spent all yesterday afternoon on it, i like it and the model loves it but it still needs that something to make it really good, cheers martyn ps just had a thought,heres me posting a pic of a flying witch and asking for realism,lol

Real Name
    Brian

Looks good to me.
    Good post processing.

Real Name
    Jim

Nicely done.
    Have you tried moving the moon higher in the frame.Up towards the right corner?

Real Name
    Nigel Holmes

Hi Martyn, I like the picture and you have done a good job but I noticed that the levels are all wrong which is making the picture look a little flat. If you go to levels and pull the right hand tab to the left where the first little hump is this will lighten the exposure, you then need to move the middle tab to the right until you re-gain the blacks and this will give the picture some punch. Only a suggestion but have a try and see what you think.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Martyn, I see you have a number of great suggestions already. If you decide to reshoot, you might want to get a little action in the hair and clothing by using a fan on low. That should overcome the clothing's deadweight look.

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Nice concept, something I struggle with myself.
    The spot colour (hat and shoe) I find more distrating, straight mono for me here (plus more contrast as previously mentioned). But definitely a nice concept.
    (In PP you could always brighten the side of the model nearest the moon to give an impression of rim/side lighting).
    Graham

Real Name
    Martyn

thanks for the suggestions, i am still working on a final edit, a levels tweak does make it pop.cheers martyn

Have you tried moving the moon higher in the frame.Up towards the right corner?

Yes, that was also my first thoughts.

Real Name
    Martyn

thanks for your comments Geoff,one problem i had was light from the moon lighting up the clouds around it,the drop off to blackness was remarkable, one thing i intend to do is take a pic of the next full moon and see if produces more light,i agree the moon top left will be a whole lot better giving it more balance,cheers martyn