Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fall colors and flowing stream

Fall colors and flowing stream

A capture of a small stream near my house taken last month (Oct). I liked the fall colors. I used a glamour glow filter and others in Color Efex Pro 4 to end up with final image. I think I may have overdone it. What do you think?

Real Name
    John

Re: Fall colors and flowing stream

Hi Don,
    as you might of guessed I'm quickly becoming a fan of your pictures. I personally like your style, very 'Arty'.
    I certainly would be happy if this was one of mine; if only, may be in time. lol

Real Name
    Steve

Very nice image don. Kind of has a painterly effect to it. The water on the bottom left kind of leads me out of the frame for a second, but other than that, it is very well composed.

Real Name
    Angelo Walter

yes, I think you have overdone it. the colours are too strong in my opinion. But the photo is pleasant the same...

Real Name
    Mark

Normally a huge fan of your work Don but this one doesnt do it for me, a smidge over done and lacks enough detail for me, but it would be hard to get more detail with wind and such im guessing.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Don,

As per a couple of others, yes, the colour is too much for me.

Also, I'm not sure it is level, perhaps needs to go down a bit on the right?
    I'm basing this on the very distant (in perspective terms) top waterfall, I feel it should be horizontal as seen at this very shallow angle, even if it is sloping (i.e. right side closer than left), it isn't out much and I may be wrong. (e.g. if you used a spirit level on tripod or hotshoe, I'd believe that)

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Don Chesnut View Post
    A capture of a small stream near my house taken last month (Oct). I liked the fall colors. I used a glamour glow filter and others in Color Efex Pro 4 to end up with final image. I think I may have overdone it. What do you think?

I agree with you, Don that you most certainly have overdone it.

My problem with this photo is that I don’t know where to look. It’s so busy.

Try again?